[NEEDS INPUT] Houndstooth Pattern Appearing on Skin (Patch 1.68.154/1.33)

by SociallySoephie

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Houndstooth Pattern Appearing on Skin (Patch 1.68.154/1.33)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with dark skinned sims
What happens when the bug occurs? Houndstooth pattern still appearing in game even with settings turned up high.
What do you expect to see? No houndstooth pattern on darker skin tones.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I thought this issue was fixed with the latest patch but according to what I've read I have all the proper settings activated and its just now appearing for me. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 8 (639 Views)

Re: Houndstooth Pattern Appearing on Skin POST Update

Hero
@SociallySoephie I checked one of my Sims with your setting and it's looking fine.

What graphics card do you have ?

Do you see it in all dark skin tones or only certain ones ? If it's only certain ones, which one do you have it with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (631 Views)

★★★ Novice

I haven't checked all dark skin tones but here is my graphics card information attached. I can check the range of skintones this evening when I get home from work.

Message 3 of 8 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SociallySoephie OK. That's a rather low level chip. It's possible that it's still happening on those.

Could you maybe try a Sim called Kensh Lamir from my gallery. That's the Sim I tried.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (570 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay so I checked out Lamir and the pattern is visible on him once I load him up in a fresh game (Though that skin tone was one of the less severely affected ones).

After testing every skin tone in my game I've also attached a picture with the ones that are affected to varying degrees.

It was just weird because I didn't have this issue previously when using the uncompressed sim textures. The pattern only appeared between the last time I played in late September and when I loaded up my game again yesterday.

Message 5 of 8 (554 Views)

Hero
@SociallySoephie I'll do some further testing once things calm down a bit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (551 Views)

★★★ Novice

No rush at all! Thank you for helping look into it and have a good day Standard smile

Message 7 of 8 (544 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I'm also seeing this still on PS4, It's very obvious. I don't know what gets corrected in the screenshots but it doesn't show very well in them. The pattern is very visible on the sim sitting at the table. 

The Sims™ 4_20201114191230.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20201114191320.jpg

Message 8 of 8 (489 Views)