by stockingfeet

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Homework books disappearing after parents go to work

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all sims 4 except vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to work with scientist
What happens when the bug occurs? I go to work with my sim in the science career, when he gets home the children and teens do their homework, but their homework books have disappeared. there not on the lot, or the local parks. Every time I go with him to work, this happens.
What do you expect to see? homework books in their inventories.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Homework books disappear after going to work with scientist. So I take my sim to work. he comes home. kids have no homework books. I have to buy new ones each day. there not on lot or anywhere nearby. 

Message 1 of 9 (2,489 Views)

Re: homework books disappearing

Hero
Is this happening if they are in a normal career as well ? What about the other active careers ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,406 Views)

★ Pro

I don't have a scientist in my current save but do have a doctor.  I'm not experiencing homework books disappearing with that career.  Her spouse is in the Astronaut career, so that career doesn't seem to be affected either.  Also will point out that I don't have multiple children in that household, only one who is now a teen, so I can't say for sure whether or not having both child and teen stages present might have caused a different result.

Message 3 of 9 (2,372 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I don't think this bug is related to any special career, but I can confirm that it happens occasionally. Some weeks ago I had to buy my teenage Sim new homework every day for a week. I never saw how the book disappeared - it may also happen on the table like the table sets from Parenthood. People on the forum are also complaining about this.

Message 4 of 9 (2,353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a house of 8, with 3 teens still in school and I make sure to check their inventory before they go to school so that they have their books, 2 of my adults have normal careers and the teens will have their books back in their bags when they get home, but when one of my other adults goes to our vet clinic and works from noon to 12-2am she will get home everyone is well rested and awake but the teens books are nowhere to be found. I've bought them new ones twice and I even check in case my two 'neat' people just put them away in the bookshelf but no go.

Message 5 of 9 (2,333 Views)

Hero
Just giving this a nudge

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (2,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This didn't happen for me when testing but as there's been a few reports, I'm going to add this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (2,228 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Homework books disappearing after parents go to work

★ Apprentice

I have had same issue, but now after sim does homework I take it out of inventory and place on dining table

Message 8 of 9 (2,107 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Homework books disappearing after parents go to work

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have this problem, however it is with the child sim. She has the homework in her inventory, goes to school and when she comes back there is no homework. (While she is in school I usually travel around in town with the parents). I have to buy new homework everyday. Last time I bought a violin for her but it disappeared from her inventory after the schoolday just like her homework. It is really annoying to find her inventory completely empty everyday.

Message 9 of 9 (2,009 Views)