Re: Hired roles don't show up

by CGrant56

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Caterer, Bartender/Mixologist, Musician don't show up.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them EXCEPT Moschino Stuff, Fitness Stuff, and Romantic Garden Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When planning a wedding, hire the role for the caterer, bartender/mixologist, and musician tab (don't choose your friends to do it).
What happens when the bug occurs? The caterer, mixologist, and musician never show up. Even if you manually hire them by clicking on the fridge, bar, and piano. They never show up, but it says they are on the lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect for them to show up and do their job.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have tried the Von Haunt Estates, Club Calico, and Myshuno Meadows Center Park. I scan the entire open world, not just the lot, these sims are nowhere to be found. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

CM Edit: Updated thread title from [NEEDS SAVES] Hired roles don't show up to [NEEDS SAVES] Caterer, Bartender/Mixologist, Musician don't show up.

Message 1 of 11 (5,539 Views)

Hero

@GinaMarieOynohs  I've found in my game that the hired npc help no longer seem to spawn at the places they used to.  Once upon a time, all of them would spawn right in front of the lot they were supposed to work in at the same places your active sims spawn but now it seems they spawn at the spawn point the furthest away for some reason.  It seems to happen in all the worlds and at all venue types too and not just with the hired help either.  Summoned and necrocalled ghosts do it and some of the sims I invite over by phone or invite to parties held on one of my residential lots do it as well.  How quick any of them arrive at your front door seems to depend on how far away the spawn point is too so in some worlds they do arrive faster than others.  It has been going on for a while but I can't say for certain when it started.  But in my case, they do spawn though and they do show up at some point.  But it takes them so long to get to one of my events like a wedding in Myshuno Meadows that the event is nearly over before they get there.  

Message 2 of 11 (5,501 Views)

★ Apprentice

This makes a lot of sense. I played around with it all day yesterday, and one time I just went with it and let the wedding go on (I had replayed my wedding at LEAST 15 times at this point lol) and I realized near the end, they finally showed up. So yeah I suppose that's the issue. Thank you for your reply! 

Message 3 of 11 (5,463 Views)

Hired sims not showing up

★ Guide

Platform:PlayStation 5
How often does the bug occur?Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sp.28.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pretty much all packs, kits etc except maybe one or two. I’m on console so no mods
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I did it by clicking on a bar while running my restaurant, I also clicked the busker station and hired someone
What happens when the bug occurs? I click on the bar or the busker set and it charges my sim but no one shows. When I click on them again to try hiring a second time, it says there’s already a hired sim on the lot when there isn’t one anywhere. My sim owns a restaurant, and I have a second floor with a bar and busker set, kind of like an open mic type thing but they aren’t showing. I even tried this outside of when the business is opened, and at home and it never works
What do you expect to see?Bartender/busker should show up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 4 of 11 (5,086 Views)

Re: Hired sims not showing up

Hero
@_awkwardlezbean I merged your post with the current hired roles not showing.

Is it only the restaurant for you or also other instances ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (5,022 Views)

Hired vendors don’t show up

★ Novice

I built a huge mall in WindenBerg. Realized what a waste when it can only be one working entity (restaurant, retail, spa, etc). I thought I could at least hire the vendors for the booths I have scattered around so I feel like it’s a mall still and not a waste of many, many hours. Work with what I can, right. Well…insult to injury I guess cause vendors don’t show up. Food booths in the food court, flower booth, baristas, etc. just don’t show. I keep paying to hire vendors and I’m losing simoleans for nothing. I’ve tried moving things around thinking that could be the issue. I wait and wait before trying to hire again just to see if they show. Nope. 

Im playing sims 4 on xbox. No cheat codes, no cc content, etc. 

can I only hire them under a certain category?  what can I do?

This post is probably in the wrong category, sorry. I clicked new post and no clue where this may show up. Tnx 

Message 6 of 11 (4,439 Views)

Re: Hired vendors don’t show up

Hero
@Artemis814pa I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (4,404 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
This is happening to me a lot lately. At weddings or parties, if you try to hire for any role, you pay for it, but the caterer, mixologist, piano player, etc. never shows. If you directly try to hire for the role, they don't show up. So now you've paid for a service twice and no one shows up.

9 times out of 10, the hired roles don't spawn. On the rare times a hired role does show up, it's only when I've directly hired them by clicking on the bar/stove/microphone etc. (as opposed to hiring when planning an event).

But even if they do show, they show up late (when the timed event is nearly over) or leave before an event completes. So you get a caterer or entertainer for maybe a Sim hour or two. Or my personal favorite is when the bartenders don't tend to the bars but instead mingle with all the party guests they're supposed to be serving drinks for, hahaha. So the hired person doesn't even attempt to do their job, they just act like a guest. It's comical but it's also frustrating.

My host Sims have to do the work they hired out for.

Platform: PC

What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Get Famous, Season, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino, Backyard, Spooky, Perfect Patio

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When planning any event or when your Sims have friends over and decide they want someone to help with cooking or manning the bar.

What happens when the bug occurs? The caterer, mixologist, musician, and entertainer never show up. Even if you manually hire them by clicking on the fridge, bar, and piano. They never show up, but it says they are on the lot.

What do you expect to see? I expect them to show up and do their job.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, never.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I don't think so, but it's definitely gotten worse the past few weeks, this started shortly before the latest infants patch (1.96)
Message 8 of 11 (3,950 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this on the latest pc game version 1.98 and console 1.77 (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 9 of 11 (3,254 Views)

Chef can't cook

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
What is your current game version number? Last Build as 20/11/2023
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? A lot
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask a chef, a musician of a mixologist to come to your house
What happens when the bug occurs? The chef never comes, the comic/musician chat with my sims and the mixologist do the same
What do you expect to see? that they work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The people that you pay to do things don't do the things that they are paid for

Message 10 of 11 (2,230 Views)