by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Half transparent rugs with marble floors

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs are installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go into build/buy mode 2. place flooring "Marmorboden Schachmatt" (I don't know the English name but it's a marble floor, seen in the attached screenshot ) as wide as you like 3. Go to Decorations -> Rugs and place a rug onto that flooring. I tested this with the rugs from "My first pet stuff" and "Laundry day" and with a round solid base game rug
What happens when the bug occurs? Some parts of the flooring shimmer through the rugs and the rugs look a bit transparent.
What do you expect to see? No transparency of rugs when placing the flooring.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm pretty sure, the issue occurs with the flooring ... I've tested it with and without mods installed. It doesn't occur on all floorings - for example wood floors work fine. I guess it's a problem with marble floors.

Message 1 of 8 (1,141 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Half transparent rugs with marble floors

Hero
@LadyFu83 I'm able to duplicate this as well but not with all rugs. Some are fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,116 Views)

Issues with Courtyard Oasis Kit Floor Tiles

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base Game The Sims 4: Premium Edition Expansion Packs - EP01: Get to Work - EP02: Get Together - EP03: City Living - EP04: Cats and Dogs - EP05: Seasons - EP06: Get Famous -/Don't have! - EP07: Island Living - EP08: Discover University Game Packs - GP01: Outdoor Retreat - GP02: Spa Day - GP03: Dine Out - GP04: Vampires - GP05: Parenthood - GP06: Jungle Adventure - GP07: StrangerVille Stuff Packs - SP01: Luxury Party Stuff - SP02: Perfect Patio Stuff - SP03: Cool Kitchen Stuff - SP04: Spooky Stuff - SP05: Movie Hangout Stuff - SP06: Romantic Garden Stuff - SP08: Backyard Stuff - SP09: Vintage Glamour Stuff - SP11: Fitness Stuff - SP12: Toddler Stuff - SP13: Laundry Day Stuff - SP14: My First Pet Stuff - SP16: Tiny Living Stuff - SP17: Nifty Knitting Stuff Kits Courtyard Oasis Kit Free packs The Sims 4: Holiday Celebration Pack The Sims 4: Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a rug above the new floor tiles from Courtyard Oasis Kit
What happens when the bug occurs? When placing a rug above the foor tiles the rug turns slightly transparent and you can see the floor tiles through the rug. Also tested without any mods!
What do you expect to see? A rug not becoming transparent when placing on the new floor tiles.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Courtyard Oasis Kit

I have an issue with trnasparency when placing a rug above the new foor tiles from Courtyard Oasis Kit. The rug turns slightly transparent and you can see the pattern from the tile through the carpet. Also tested without any mods!

Edit to add some pictures

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.pngScreenshot_6.png

Message 3 of 8 (966 Views)

Re: Issues with Courtyard Oasis Kit Floor Tiles

Hero
@LuvMySimz Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Half-transparent-rugs-with-marble-floors/m-p/86634... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (944 Views)

Re: Issues with Courtyard Oasis Kit Floor Tiles

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Thanks @crinrict  Standard smile Hm, then it must be an issue in general since the latest patch. I see in the thread you've linked that it isn't only with the new tiles from the kit, but also with other flooring in general.

Message 5 of 8 (929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

If you take a closer look at the pic which you said looks correct, it does not. You can see the lines from the wood pannels also.

I have this flooring issue too now and just opened a new thread  a couple of hours ago 'cuz I didn't see this one.

@crinrictMaybe you could merge my thread with this one since it looks like the same issue, although I never had this before, only since the latest patch and using this kit.

Message 6 of 8 (929 Views)

Hero
@LuvMySimz Merged :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (919 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict Great, thanks! Standard smile
Message 8 of 8 (900 Views)