by SimTresa

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Hair changing color and ROM dress pixelated

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? GP07.35
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The first time it happened immediately after my sim completed learning from the tome of emotional stability while in the magic realm. Afterwards, it happened after I used the "change my sim" option on the mirror both when I copied the outfit into another slot and when I recreated the outfit after copying a different outfit into another slot. It only occurs when my teen sim spellcaster is wearing the ROM suspender dress.
What happens when the bug occurs? The first time my sims hair changed from red to blonde and the dress became pixelated and shaded. Both the icon on the bottom of the screen and the image on the left hand side appeared normal. The second time, my sim and the icon at the bottom of the screen appear normal, but the image of my sim on the left hand side has blonde hair and the pixelated dress.
What do you expect to see? My sim, the icon, and her image in the left corner to appear the way I made her in create a sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

<Edited by CM to remove a duplicated template>

Message 1 of 2 (355 Views)

Re: Hair changing color and ROM dress pixelated

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm seeing  something similar with one of mine, but it's an alien's  disguise  rather than an occult. Her hair is supposed to be gray since she's an elder, but it keeps  turning  red. I go into  CAS to fix it, and as soon as I go back to the game her hair is red again. It's also  red in her icon. Sometimes it reverts back to gray on its own for a few minutes, then its back to red. 

ETA:  Changing hairstyles and colors then returning to the original in CAS seems to have fixed the problem.  It's an old fix from an old thread that mentioned a similar problem which I thought I'd try. 

Message 2 of 2 (321 Views)