[NEEDS INPUT] Graphics issues on Low Distance settings

by nottsgman

Original Post

Re: Floating Plants and Landscape Texture Bug

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@crinrict  I have a MacBook Pro with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB. Unfortunately, it still looks bugged with laptop mode off.

Message 11 of 42 (1,346 Views)

★ Guide

@horsecrl123 try changing your view distance to high, then restarting the game and see if the problem is still there. I had a similar issue (it caused holes in places, but also floating things like plants and bits of walls) and that's what it was for me.

Message 12 of 42 (1,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@nottsgman God that looks awful .. guess, yes, that's the issue 

@horsecrl123  I merged your post with the other thread on the low distance issue and changed the title

I'm not sure if that's something they will consider fixing but I'll forward.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 42 (1,261 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict @nottsgman I adjusted the view distance and everything looks good now! Thank you both for all of the help!

Message 14 of 42 (1,239 Views)

Re: Build Items Mesh Missing

Hero
@maybelaulet Are you using Low View distance ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 42 (1,171 Views)

Hero

As this would normally go on the Buy/Build list, I just forwarded this. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 42 (1,211 Views)

Island Bluff walls missing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So I traveled to Islamd Bluffs in the Sims 4 last night, I haven’t been there in a while so I honestly don’t know if this is a new issue or not since the June patch. When I went all the walls that are in the background are missing, the plants/foliage that decorated them is still there appearing to float in midair because the walls themselves are gone.  I have no other issue in the game, all mods of which I have 2 and are completely updated and there are no other issues at all.  I did some searching and either I’m not using the right terms or there is nothing about this issue that I can find. Anyone else experience this?

Message 17 of 42 (1,181 Views)

Re: Island Bluff walls missing

Hero
@happinessmia This is an issue that occurs if you set Distance to low. Try putting it on high and the issue should go away.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 42 (1,165 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Graphics issues on Low Distance settings

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 42 (1,152 Views)

A "mist" blocks view of house

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except luxury, spooky and cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In live or build mode zoom out from the lot
What happens when the bug occurs? A "mist" comes over the lot and makes it impossible to see anything. It's as if you've zoomed out to the sky and into the clouds.
What do you expect to see? A zoomed out screen that I can still see the house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was still able to see the house in build mode and live mode while zoomed out. 

Message 20 of 42 (1,182 Views)