Re: Floating/Missing Objects

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Fog when zooming out in play mode

Hero
@will_dessi Merging this with report on that then.

For the moment, only solution is to set view distance to high.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 42 (828 Views)

Re: Fog when zooming out in play mode

Hero

Turning on view distance in option panels will no longer make a brick fence in the world completely white.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

I'm going to mark this as fixed as I checked a few of the places I've seen issues before and the look fine (unless I zoom out)

Could I get some feedback from the people that reported here

@nottsgman @will_dessi  @stayc615  @happinessmia  @horsecrl123 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 42 (853 Views)

Floating/Missing Objects

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, get famous, get to work, cats & dogs, vintage glamour, moschino, and bowling night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? low view distance setting
What happens when the bug occurs? some objects around town aren't loaded up in san myshuno and in brindleton bay
What do you expect to see? I expect for the objects to look normal not have floating buildings,
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When i change view distance to high objects are loaded up and buildings aren't floating but when I use low view distance buildings are floating in san myshano missing objects, in brindleton bay floating wall lights, I use low view distance because my computer can't handle high view distance pls help.

Message 33 of 42 (844 Views)

Hero
@CCONAWAY83 There was a similar thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Graphics-issues-on-Low-Distance-settings/td-p/79...

Do you still see it in any of the places posted in that thread ?

Could you maybe post a picture of the map and encircle the places you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 34 of 42 (824 Views)

★★★ Novice

brindleton bay and san myshano, in the uptown area missing fireplace but floating fire, and in del sol valley missing water flow from fountains

Message 35 of 42 (797 Views)

Hero
@CCONAWAY83 I merged your post with the other thread and re-opened that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 42 (755 Views)

Retaining Walls Not Visible in Windenburg

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Discover University, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamor, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Windenburg, load up the Waterlock Redoubt or Old Quarter Inn lots. That's where it's easiest to see.
What happens when the bug occurs? Wall textures for retaining walls and bridges in the world are missing, leaving stretched terrain exposed and objects floating.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a retaining wall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's a visual bug.

Message 37 of 42 (732 Views)

Re: Retaining Walls Not Visible in Windenburg

Hero
@awesomeresides Could you please add some pictures to your post ? If they are too big, resize them before uploading.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 42 (714 Views)

★★ Novice

Apologies. I didn't even think this post went through because the site bugged out on me. Here are some screenshots. It persists through game restarts.

Message 39 of 42 (695 Views)

Hero
@awesomeresides What settings do you have your graphics on ? Could you also post a picture of the ingame graphics settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 42 (680 Views)