by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Graphics issues on Low Distance settings

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all apart from island living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? load in to the top left part of Brindleton Bay (near the vet) and it's by the food vendor, seriously you can't miss it
What happens when the bug occurs? n/a
What do you expect to see? no huge hole
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the most recent patch caused it to appear in my game, before then it was fine.

just patched and loaded into the game and found a huge hole in Brindleton Bay. pretty sure it's not meant to be there. also had my g/f check in her game and she sees it too. 

Message 1 of 42 (2,362 Views)

Re: big hole in Brindleton Bay

Hero

Hi @nottsgman 

Looks fine in my game.

Could you try right-clicking on the game in Origin and hit repair game `?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 42 (2,284 Views)

Re: big hole in Brindleton Bay

★ Guide

@crinrict I tried repairing, but the hole was still there. I then took the folder out of documents to force the game to generate a new one, and the hole was still there.

turns out the problem was with the view distance. if I set it to low (then exit and restart the game), the walls around there disappear and leaves a hole, but on high view distance (after a restart) it is all fine.

I normally play with the view distance set to low, but everything else on high. it's a personal preference, so it's no big deal to set it to high for a while.

Message 3 of 42 (2,240 Views)

Build Items Mesh Missing

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansion packs and pre-ordered Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the Von Haunt Estate in Windenburg and where the waterfall/wedding arch is the trees in the background are missing their mesh and a question mark is on the leaves. Also near the maze, the ground displays the question mark. This also happens on the white pillars we receive with Get Together called the Experienced Pillar.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game is saying the mesh is gone
What do you expect to see? Near the Von Haunt Estate and in the Chalet Gardens on the lot the ground and some trees are missing the meshes for the leaves and display a question mark and a weird coloring. This also occurs with the Experienced Pillar that we get with Get Together.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch is the most recent one that came out before the release of Island Living

The bug seems to only occur with these items, and maybe the suit for the aliens. I removed my CC and then went back into the game to check and these objects were still missing their meshes and display the giant question mark and the mismatched colors on the items. This only started happening after the patch on June 18 that was released for Island Living. I do also have Island Living pre-ordered although I doubt that has anything to do with it. 

Message 4 of 42 (2,075 Views)

Re: Build Items Mesh Missing

Hero
@maybelaulet Could you please try repairing your game by right-clicking on it in Origin.m

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 42 (2,054 Views)

Floating Plants and Landscape Texture Bug

★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Windenburg Quad Manor or Island Bluffs and look at areas with level changes in the landscape
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants appear to be floating and changes in landscape elevation blur together instead of sloping naturally
What do you expect to see? Mountains and changes in the elevation of the landscape blur together in one slant (instead of natural slope). Plants appear to be floating above the ground.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch.

On my screen, in areas of Windenburg the landscape appears to be bugged so that mountains are not jagged and area around the town where the elevation changes instead blur together (don't maintain their textures). Trees and bushes appear to be floating near these locations. I'm not sure if this is only happening in Windenburgh, that's just where I recently noticed it.

Message 6 of 42 (2,258 Views)

Re: Floating Plants and Landscape Texture Bug

★ Novice

Here are some screenshots.

Message 7 of 42 (2,256 Views)

Hero
@horsecrl123 Hm, looks fine in my game.

Could you post a screenshot of your graphics settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 42 (2,235 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrictHere is a screenshot of my graphics settings. I haven't changed anything recently, so I'm not sure that they would be causing the issue, but who knows.

Message 9 of 42 (2,231 Views)

Hero
@horsecrl123 could you try if it makes any difference if you turn off laptop mode ?

What graphics card/chip do you have and what kind of Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 42 (2,217 Views)