by SimTwyla

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Graphical glitch when Sims fight

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, with the exception of Star Wars Game Pack, Moschino Stuff Pack, Perfect Patio Stuff and Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter Strangeville when the roughousing NAP is active and invite NPC sims to a Resident lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? You will see the fighting animation around 2 separate sims some distance away, making it look like both are fighting with invisible people. Also when your sim is talking to another NPC and a fight occurs the NPC you were talking to will get up and walk away to watch the fight.
What do you expect to see? The frequency of fights being reduced, NPC sims prioritising interacting with my active sim over watching fights, and the visuals being fixed so you can see which sims are fighting rather than watching two separate sims fight invisible people.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It has only started happening since installing Eco Living a short while ago.

NPC Sims are fighting far too frequently in Strangerville due to the Eco Living roughousing NAP, which is particularly annoying because any interactions my active sim has with an NPC areare interrupted during fights as they prioritise going to watch the fight rather than talking to my active sim.

There is also a major graphical glitch occurring where the sims appear to be fighting an invisible person rather than each other - the fight will happen between two sims but they will be on opposite sides of the room/in different rooms - as shown in the attached screenshot.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 3 (466 Views)

Re: Graphical glitch when Sims fight & fighting too frequent

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SimTwyla Going to leave this separate cause of the animation error but the frequency/NAP issue already has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Sims-keep-getting-into-brawls-with-EVERYONE/m-...

You might wanna me too that as well

Do you get the animation issue only in Strangerville ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (431 Views)

Re: Graphical glitch when Sims fight & fighting too frequent

★★★★★ Novice

The only place I've seen the strange animation so far is in Strangerville, but I haven't really been playing any other neighbourhoods that have roughousing active lately.  If I see it elsewhere I'll report back! 

Message 3 of 3 (411 Views)