[NEEDS INPUT] Re: Graphical glitch - "Tap Tap Table" (Ghost fish...)

by BryonyRae

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Graphical glitch - "Tap Tap Table" (Ghost fish...)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at the table.
What happens when the bug occurs? There seems to be a graphical/visual glitch on the Tap Tap Table that came with "My First Pet Stuff" that produces these "ghost" fish inside the aquarium.
What do you expect to see? No "ghost" fish swimming inside.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please see attached image.

Message 1 of 4 (585 Views)

Re: Graphical glitch - "Tap Tap Table" (Ghost fish...)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Voltron-Games I'm not seeing this glitch in my game.  In my game, there are 6 fish in the table, and I've never seen an additional fish show up.  However, I am running the game on a gaming computer which is relatively new and fast with my graphics all set to the highest settings.  What are your graphic settings?  Have you already cleared your cache, repaired the game via Origin, started a new save, and tested the table in that save?  If not, please do so.  If so, I'd need more information to further troubleshoot - are you seeing the ghost fish fairly soon after placing the table?  If not, how many game days (or hours) does it take before you see it?  Do you see it when you do not have objects placed on the table (as I noticed there are objects in your picture)?  Is it a glitch that lasts, i.e. does the ghost fish stay once it has appeared?  Does it swim around like the other fish?  Or is it only a momentary artifact?

Message 2 of 4 (542 Views)

Re: Graphical glitch - "Tap Tap Table" (Ghost fish...)

★★★ Apprentice

It's not my PC specs - I have quite a powerful system, everything's on the highest setting. Yes, I have cleared cache and repaired the game via Origin. Yes, I've tested in a new save. Yes I see the ghosting soon after I place the table. Yes I see it when nothing has been placed on top of the table. Yes the ghosting lasts - forever. Yes they swim around like the other fish.

Message 3 of 4 (527 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] Re: Graphical glitch - "Tap Tap Table" (Ghost fish...)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I will try again @Voltron-Games.

Edit: still not able to reproduce.  We need input from more players who are also seeing this.

Message 4 of 4 (511 Views)