Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Graphical Issues when using "Take Photo" in basements

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug only occurs in the basement levels and only when wall coverings are applied to the walls and only when you use "Take Photo" with any of the 3 cameras.
What happens when the bug occurs? In the basement level If the walls are bare with no wall coverings applied and you "Take Photo" everything is fine. When wall coverings are applied and you go into photo mode in a basement room with wall coverings the walls disappear and the terrain is visible.
What do you expect to see? Solid Walls with the wallpaper I've applied.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Picture 1. With no wall coverings.

Picture 2. With wall coverings.

2019-03-04.jpg2019-03-04 (1).jpg

Message 1 of 16 (3,548 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Graphical Issues when using "Take Photo" in basements

Hero

Walls no longer will disappear when Taking a Photo in a Basement level room that does not have a staircase.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Hope that's really it now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (3,032 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Kralore 

tested this in my game and can't duplicate.

Does it happen for all basements and all wall coverings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (3,493 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict  you'll have to put your sim in a odd angle and push the camera back 

Untitled-2.png

03-04-19_1-59-49 PM.png

03-04-19_2-00-12 PM.png 

Message 3 of 16 (3,474 Views)

Hero
Thanks for that. The houses I checked didn't really have decent basements so it's good to know it only occurs at a certain angle.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (3,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This issue is a bit of a mess to test. I actually have spent many days trying to figure out if there is a specific trigger.

it would now seem it isn't specifically wall coverings.  Wall Coverings do seem to be a trigger though.  My current house I have about a dozen rooms placed in the basement and they are all fine with no wall coverings. As soon as I apply a wall covering to any of the rooms, the photo glitch will happen in the room with the wall covering..

I just downloaded a house from the gallery that already has a basement.  The paranoia home by liiseeng

The basement already in the house seems to be fine. "Take Photo" anywhere in the existing basement, with or without my new room addition and there is no glitch.(Second Picture)

But the moment I put my own new room addition onto the basement (with no wall covering) the new room had the glitch when I tried "Take Photo" in that new room.(Third Picture).

The First picture is for reference where I was standing in the new room for the glitched picture.

On the basements i've been building it does seem that sometimes the first initial room you put in the basement doesn't exhibit the photo glitch, but any rooms placed after the first room can have the glitch.

In all my testing though, the angle of the sim/camera doesn't matter. The entire room loses its walls. I can circle the camera around etc. and the all the walls in that room are missing.

The last picture shows the camera rotated to the right some more and you can see two walls missing and you can see the terrain of the neighborhood.

2019-03-04 (8).jpg2019-03-04 (6).jpg2019-03-04 (7).jpg2019-03-04 (9).jpg

Message 5 of 16 (3,460 Views)

Hero
Thank you for all the details

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (3,438 Views)

Walls and ceiling gone when taking photos

★★ Novice

I'm having an issue with the Sims 4 in-game camera. Whenever I use the Sim camera to take selfies, or photos of other sims, the wall and ceiling disappear. This only occurs when in a basement. I'm aware of the put walls up, all the way down, or cutaway mode option. Its set to put walls up. I removed the mods folder and restarted the game. That didn't work. I changed the graphic settings to medium, then high, then ultra, then to my own custom setting. I also repaired the game. It didn't work. All walls disappear. Its like my sim and all the household items are just floating in a void. Nothing I've mentioned works. There are two pictures attached, one that's a screenshot and the other one is with the sims camera. In the screenshot provided the ceiling happens to be present, honestly it seems to depend on the room i'm in.

Message 7 of 16 (3,371 Views)

Re: Walls and ceiling gone when taking photos

Hero

Hi @Psylack 

seems this is a bug. There have been other reports like this.

I merged your post with the current bug report on the issue

Please click me too on the first post.

Thank you for your report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (3,362 Views)

Re: Walls and ceiling gone when taking photos

Hero (Retired)

I was able to reproduce this issue in my game as well (by sending my sim into an additional room in the basement - the first room I built down there was fine, as has been mentioned).  Adding to our build/buy list.

Message 9 of 16 (3,305 Views)

You can't see the room in the picture taken with the camera.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Seasons, Parenthood, Vintage glamour and Bowling night stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a picture with the camera in a room in the basement.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't see the walls and floor in the picture taken.
What do you expect to see? I want you to see the room in the picture taken with the camera.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The photos were taken by my sim using the camera.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/181850443@N06/48113378887/in/dateposted-public/

Message 10 of 16 (3,144 Views)