by Gingerxyz

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] 'Granny's House' wall swatch has incorrect texture on Tall walls

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game and free holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a tall height wall, select the "Granny's House" wall covering, use the swatch on row 3/4, column 3/3, on the wall.
What happens when the bug occurs? The wall displays the texture of the equivalent swatch of the "Beehive" wall covering instead.
What do you expect to see? A texture that matches the design of the swatch when applied to shorter walls.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

While I have used custom content in the past, this was observed in a new save created after installing the 1.66 Batuu patch, which has never had mods of any sort enabled in it. In addition both my TS4 and Origin cache files have been cleared since the creation of this save.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (752 Views)

Re: "Granny's House" wall swatch has incorrect texture on Tall walls

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Gingerxyz 

I took a look at this and mine does the same thing.  The swatch you describe certainly has the wrong texture.  I'm surprised that it hasn't been found earlier.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 5 (696 Views)

★ Guide
@CGrant56 Thanks so much for confirming it's not just me! It's the kind of thing that's so specific that I can see how it would slip through the cracks. That exact swatch on that exact wall height, and then once it's spotted does the person bother to report it, you know?

Should be a quick and easy fix though so hopefully it'll be sorted soon!
Message 3 of 5 (670 Views)

★ Guide

Bumping this cause it's been nearly half a year and this issue still isn't resolved, despite being presumably a very quick and easy fix.

Also when I double checked I discovered something interesting. Depending on the lighting, sometimes you can see the outline of where the panelling on the wall should be, so it's not actually identical to the equivalent "Beehive" swatch after all, just almost identical.03-28-21_4-02-56 PM.png

Message 4 of 5 (540 Views)

★ Guide

So it just occurred to me that there might be other similar broken swatches hidden in the game that haven't been reported. So I've started going through every swatch of every base game wall, testing each one on all three wall heights. It is Taking A While. It is very tedious work. I regret starting this process. But I've already found another swatch with a similar issue, so I guess I gotta keep going now, because I've proven to myself that this wasn't a once off occurrence, and so I will not be at peace until I have checked every single swatch and reported any wonky ones. *Sigh*

Anyway, here's the second one.

"Basic Pastels with White Trim", The 6th swatch on the second row, has a thicker crown on Tall Walls than it does on shorter walls, and compared to the other swatches of the same wall covering.

03-28-21_4-39-13 PM.png

Message 5 of 5 (527 Views)