Re: [OPEN] Good sims getting evil moodlet w/o cause

by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

Re: Evil toddlers?

★★★★ Guide
I've seen this with my good sim as well. I've also found it kind of funny because it's weird.
(Saw this glitch w/o mods as well, btw)
Message 20 of 51 (2,016 Views)

★★★ Guide

Huh, I had no idea that this could be a bug. I've always had my good Sims getting this moodlet out of the blue for seemingly no reason. It appears even if there are no evil Sims nearby, let alone conversing with them. It's seemingly random, too. No rhyme or reason to it. Granted, it doesn't happen as much as it used to, but it still happens sometimes. I just never made a bug report because I assumed it was by design.

Message 21 of 51 (2,044 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could anyone make a new thread for this so I can merge this into ?

This one doesn't use the template.

Thanks

@Lorraine-Simmer @bookmaster325

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 51 (2,013 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Okay, Crin, added a basic one (that's about all my brain can do at the moment - lol). HTH!
Message 24 of 51 (1,981 Views)

Hero
Thanks. Merged old thread into new.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 51 (1,973 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 51 (1,946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

roduct: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with the trait 'good' and have a toddler in the household. -have one child cleptomantic adopted.
What happens when the bug occurs? The goods sims gets a negative sad (blue) moodlet about interacting with an evil sim.
What do you expect to see? Not the moodlet, the clepto where listening a tale from parent. The toddler where sad and go to sleep sad also.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? yes, redowlnloaded, are updated by modder.

Message 27 of 51 (1,916 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Upon doing some looking into, I'm starting to wonder if this really could be by design, or a bug with the other traits that conflict with Good. Not only does the Good trait conflict with the Evil trait, obviously, but it also conflicts with the Mean and Kleptomaniac traits. Could these Sims getting "sad about evilness" also come from interacting with Sims who have other traits that conflict with Good? I am seeing Kleptomaniac being a repeat offender, but nothing on Mean yet. Could someone test this with a Good Sim interacting with a Mean Sim who has no Evil or Kleptomaniac trait?

If this is the case, then I think it's a bit odd that the only moodlet that Good Sims can get from this is "sad about evilness." What about "sad about meanness?" Or "sad about theft?"

Message 28 of 51 (1,885 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, so, this may not be the correct place to report this, but I'm reporting it here because it seems, to me at least, to be related.  I haven't seen this specific bug at this point in time (I haven't been playing any "Good" sims lately), BUT I have seen what seems to be the same bug on the other side of the coin--which is to say, I've noticed my "Evil" sim gaining the angry moodlet "Good vs. Evil" for no reason.

For reference, the angry-making "Good vs. Evil" moodlet is the same thing for an Evil sim that the sad-making "Sad about Evilness" moodlet is for a Good sim: the Evil sim acquires the "Good vs. Evil" moodlet from interacting with a Good sim.  Or at least that's how it's supposed to work and how I've seen it work in the past.  Lately, my Evil sim has been getting the moodlet when there aren't any Good sims around.  In fact, I just saw her get the moodlet when she was interacting with another Evil sim, which doesn't make any sense at all.

I've only seen this happen since I installed the "Vampires" game pack a few days ago, although this may be a coincidence, since I rarely play Evil (or Good, for that matter) sims.  It's not game breaking by any stretch, but I wanted to put it out there since it seems like it could be related to the other glitch mentioned above.

For the record, I do not use any mods or custom content.  I have all the game packs but only the first three expansions (Get to Work, Get Together, and City Living).

Message 29 of 51 (1,823 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Good sims getting evil moodlet w/o cause

★★ Guide

Noticed this today, too. Mother sim has Good trait and when she interacts with her toddler, who is Angelic, she gets sad. "Sad about Evliness (from Good trait)", for interacting with someone Evil. The toddler in question is so angelic that she doesn't even throw tantrums! Although maybe it's because she's sometimes sad when the other parent goes to work, and 'leaves' her. Mother is currently practically shut-in with toddler-care, so unless the Evilness radiates up from a passerby in Myshuno streets, the toddler has to be the source.

Both sims involved have been created/born after RoM release. Save is ancient, first started when Sims 4 launched. Current mods include SimsInfo and No Mosaic Blur. Haven't used much else, MCCC only once to deal with the bloated hidden households, loaded it in during sim daytime to avoid it doing anything I don't want it to do, and removed it right after. 

Message 30 of 51 (1,683 Views)