Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Good sims getting evil moodlet w/o cause

by bookmaster325

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Console player - XB1 - brand new save file

Im also having this issue. Im currently playing a decades challenge and both the husband and wife have the good trait and their toddler has the charmer trait. My sim used the "watch SimName play" interaction to watch her toddler play, then read her a story. Right after the story she recieved the "sad about evilness" moodlet. She never left the house or interacted with any other sim. Not even her husband. How are toddlers setting off these moodlets??!! Ive been playing this save for about a week now and have been interacting with the toddler several times a day and never recieved this moodlet before reading to the toddler (but I dont think reading was the trigger I think just spending time with the toddler did it). At the same time, my sim also got another sad moodlet for not interacting with family enough (due to family oriented trait) even though she had just speant several game hours watching the toddler play, reading to her, then fed, bounced, cuddled and rocked the infant sim in the bassinet right before the moodlet popped up. Not sure why all these sad moodlets are coming on without proper cause.

Message 41 of 51 (1,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm experiencing this issue when my parent interacts with a BABY with no one else around? Is the baby evil then? pffffffffffffffffffffft definitely a bug! 

My Sim is creative, romantic and good - I wonder if it is some interactiong between the romantic and good traits?

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

UPDATE: this is now happening with my sim's WIFE, and just to be clear SHE IS NOT EVIL LOLOL I haven't changed her traits so it isn't a lingering one either LOL

This has gotten worse over time. Please team, pay some attention to bugs. Thanks!

Message 42 of 51 (991 Views)

★ Guide

Just experienced this. A Good sim went to the hospital (rabbithole interaction) with his girlfriend so she could give birth to his baby, shortly after their return I noticed he had this sad about evilness moodlet. There weren't any visitors in the house, and none of the other household members (an adult female, a child male, and two toddler females) have the evil trait. So either it's the baby, or he met someone evil at the hospital, even though I'm base game only so the hospital doesn't actually exist!

Message 43 of 51 (955 Views)

★★ Guide
@bookmaster325 Definitely "me too." For me it seemed to start with the Snowy Escapes update. I thought it might have been because of my having CC. But I'm currently doing a brand new, CC and mod free save (since we just got the "skintones" update.) Both the parents have gotten "sad about evil" regarding their (independent but compliant) toddler. The toddlers are sitting there listening to the parent reading the story when it happens. No temper tantrum. No "angry about reading" moodlet on the toddler. Not doing anything even mischievous. (I have all the EP/GP/SP except Spooky Stuff.)

I don't like it that they get that moodlet because toddlers are not "evil" and when they start getting to have "traits", he's going to get the "good trait" (like all of my Sims.)
Message 44 of 51 (911 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Happened to a sim of mine out of the blue, no pun intended. Sim is a bachelor living alone has had no visitors and it just suddenly appeared. No mods and not using the Snowy Escape or Paranormal Pack

Message 45 of 51 (862 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Update: I'm still seeing this glitch in my game save(s) playing with a good sim. Last seen about...oh, about a week ago playing in the Goth household (Bella).
Message 46 of 51 (828 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

My sims just got married, tried for baby, both have good traits and whilst sitting in the hot-tub I noticed their love meter went down slightly, then looked to see the moodlet on one of them, "sad about evilness, blah, blah blah...  I try to give all my sims the good trait to avoid this, so why do I get it with some sims and even newly aged up toddlers?  It makes me sad as there's enough badness in the world. That's why I play the Sims! 

Message 47 of 51 (688 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this happen yesterday, I put a new family in a house (dad with good trait, mom and child son also have only positive traits, no mischievous/evil/mean sims, and a cat with positive traits too).

They didn't interact with anyone outside of the family, dad was reading a story to the toddler (with angelic trait), near the end of the story the 'sad about evilness' moodlet popped up.

Disappointing because it was actually HIS whim to read her a story in the first place, no other sims were in the room and no one outside from the household came near the house during that time.

I haven't seen any responses from developers or any concrete answers anywhere on why exactly this happens, is the trigger an 'angelic toddler'? Is it reading a book to a toddler? It seems directly related to interactions between a Good parent and a toddler either way, but I'd like to know if it's a moodlet that can happen regardless of a toddler's trait or if it's the specific combination of good sim/angelic toddler.

Message 48 of 51 (648 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Only-evanna I always have the good traits and put angelic on toddlers. Now I've started creating ready made children with genetics and that seems to be working well. I'd like to play a proper birth and toddler stage though. My sims seem welcoming and loving the the ready made child, amazingly and even one who is a celebrity didn't get the screaming in his face when they met! I hope the problem is sorted out as it's sad to miss out those two crucial and enjoyable stages of a sim's life.
Message 49 of 51 (608 Views)

EA Staff

Hello

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 50 of 51 (584 Views)