by liyanaido

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Good friends "admit" they're mermaids even when they're not

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, cats and dogs, city living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, cool kitchen stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim "Ask if Mermaid" to a sim who they're very good friends with (within range of becoming best friends, but haven't necessarily used the become best friends interaction).
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim says they are a mermaid even though they're not, as long as their friendship level is high enough with your sim.
What do you expect to see? Sims who are not mermaids should say they are not mermaids even when they're close to the sim who asked.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've noticed sims in both of my played households have had some good friends (both in the other played household and in premade un-played households) admit they are mermaids when I do the "Ask if Mermaid" interaction even though they are not mermaids. I've checked create a sim to confirm these sims are not mermaids. It seems like relationship level is the main determinant of a sim's response to a question. I think I've only had one good friend correctly say they are not a mermaid.

Message 1 of 21 (2,111 Views)

Re: Good friends "admit" they're mermaids even when they're not

Hero
@liyanaido Tested this on my save and can't replicate. Could you test if the same happens on a fresh save that never saw any mods/cc ?

Mine were level good friends with almost full bar.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (2,098 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I couldn't replicate it in a new save without mods either. The only mod I used in the other save was the Thril1 No Hysterical Deaths mod. I also noticed that one of my played sims from the save with the glitch sometimes swims like a mermaid but without the tail.

Message 3 of 21 (2,070 Views)

Hero
@liyanaido Could be related to this then: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Mermaids-have-no-tail-no-hydration-bar-missing/... although I thought they show up in CAS as mermaids fine.

Could you check the traits ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (2,068 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict that would be strange because I created some of the sims this happened with, so unless they autonomously ate the kelp while I was playing the other household I don't know how they could have become mermaids. Also, when I play as some of the sims who have said they're mermaids they have no mermaid interactions, songs, etc available to them. How do I check for the traits? 

Message 5 of 21 (2,061 Views)

Hero
@liyanaido You would need to download the SimsInfo mod at MTS. That will show you the hidden traits.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (2,049 Views)

Hero
@liyanaido Did you get a chance to check their traits ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 21 (2,005 Views)

★ Pro

Your target might have the hidden Merfolk Woke trait (from successfully asking other mermaids). Interaction outcome tests if they are a mermaid & if your relationship is at least 70 OR (different L-tags) if they discovered one. I'm not sure why that last part is even there.

Message 8 of 21 (1,998 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict The main sim I play with who tells people she's a mermaid and does the mermaid flip when she gets in and out of water has the following mermaid related traits: OccultMermaid_Discovered and OccultMermaid_MerfolkWoke. But she also has Occult_NOopsccult and has no mermaid features in cas.

Message 9 of 21 (1,974 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@kusurusu I checked and she does have the Merfolk Woke trait. You mean her having that trait could cause her to respond yes to the "Ask if Mermaid" interaction?

Message 10 of 21 (1,974 Views)