Re: RoM doors don't show window colors on outward-facing side.

by lornabird93

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Glass doors don't show glass/colors on outward-facing side

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons; Dine Out, Jungle Adventures, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Strangerville; Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the Magic HQ lot, and observe its door. While in the Magic HQ lot, place one of the stained-glass door items from Realm of Magic on an outward-facing wall. EDIT: This also happens with several other glass doors, and it happens on the Widowshield Townhouse lot in Forgotten Hollow.
What happens when the bug occurs? On the Magic HQ lot, any RoM door that faces the outside does not show window colors on the outward-facing side. The inward-facing side presents colors normally. This includes the 'Gnomish Crystal Arch' but not the small 'Door of Yore'. This appears to only happens in the Magic HQ lot.
What do you expect to see? Color on both sides of the door.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever I try to upload a screenshot nothing happens, so I'm doing this without the screenshots.

Message 1 of 9 (3,869 Views)

Hero
@lornabird93 I tested this in my game and I'm not seeing what you see (maybe I'm testing the wrong swatch ?)

Could you try post a picture anyways ? Make sure it's not too big in size. If you take a screenshot of the game, they are usually too big. Make sure to size them down

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've added a screenshot to my post.

Someone on Reddit had a related issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/ddt00g/why_is_there_no_glass_in_any_of_the_glass_doors/

For that person, it only happened on a specific lot in Forgotten Hollow, and it was all glass doors. I only tested the RoM doors, so the glitch may occur for all doors for my game. It also persisted through all of my saves.

I also posted on Reddit, here: https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/ddz33f/anyone_else_getting_this_bug_colors_in_the_rom/

Message 3 of 9 (3,784 Views)

Hero
@lornabird93 I don't really see a difference in mine from the inside or the outside.

Do you mean the same door placed on an inside wall looks different or the inward side of the door on the outside wall ?

Marking as needs input for now to gather some more voices.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (3,741 Views)

Champion

I have also seen this difference. There is still some color, but it is much fainter, especially on the glass with the stars (ones with flowers show up a little better!) Wink  But it is difficult to tell becasue of the weird lighting in the Realm.  But because some doors appear different on the outside comparted to the inside, while the Door of Yore and the windows dont' , it is almost as if 2 different people with 2 different ideas designed them!.  Here are some pictures:

Outside (Door of Yore on left and door with washed out colors on the right)

10-17-19_4-04-39 AM.png

Same doors but inside (Door of Yore now on right and the formerly washed out door's glass is now vibrant.)

10-17-19_4-04-43 AM.png

Outside Door of Yore on left & a window on right to compare with a door with the same Stars theme in the middle

10-17-19_4-08-10 AM.png

Inside same doors and window with the Stars theme.

10-17-19_4-08-13 AM.png

In real life it is common for the inside and outside views of stained glass to look different (In daytime looking at the glass from outside will give a dark, gray look while inside will be vibrant and the opposite effect will happen at night).  Perhaps this is what they were trying to mimic.  However, if that is the case it wasn't applied to all doors and none of the windows.  So, it is a mistake since all doors and windows should have the same effect! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 9 (3,721 Views)

★★★ Novice

A door placed on an inside wall looks normal on both sides. A door placed on an outside wall looks normal from the inside, but the glass is missing on the outside. This only happens on the Magic HQ lot and a lot in Forgotten Hollow (though I haven't tested every lot.)

Here's what a door looks like placed on the Glimmberbrook Watch look:

Outside view:

Good Ex.png

Inside View:

Good In.png

And here's what it looks like on the Magic HQ lot:

Outside view:

Bad Ex.png

Inside view:

Bad In.png

It also does this for some other glass doors (not all that I tested, but many of them).

Here's one door as it normally appears from the outside:

Good Ex 2.png

Here's what it looks like when it glitches:

Bad Ex 2.png

It's a more subtle difference, but the normal door has a slight tint to it, and you can see light reflecting on the glass when you move the camera around. In the broken door, it looks like there's not glass at all.

Message 6 of 9 (3,694 Views)

Hero
@lornabird93 I guess the main different for me is that they look the same from either side .. not much color. They do look different in other worlds.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (3,680 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Glass doors don't show glass/colors on outward-facing side

★★★★ Apprentice

I have that issue as well. Every lot in Forgotten Hallow is affected by this. If a glass door is not inside a fully enclosed room (a room with outdoor lighting indoors) the glass will disappear leaving a whole in it. I haven't taken a closer look at the lots in Glimmerbrook since I use doors with tainted glass in that world so I haven't noticed a significant difference.

Message 8 of 9 (2,332 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Glass doors don't show glass/colors on outward-facing side

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.

Experiencing this with every door with glass in it.

This issue occurs only in in Forgotten Hollow (all lots) and on the Magic HQ lot.

It doesn't matter which way around the door is facing; the issue will always be that the outside view shows no glass and the inside view does.

I've tried numerous types of lighting and weather but the glass really is gone from the outside, not even a hint of reflection on the highest possible graphics.

Already tried game repair, folder refresh, and so on.

Message 9 of 9 (2,228 Views)