by Sozki

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Ghost calls even after spirit being released

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, all Game packs, all Stuff packs except: Nifty knitting, My first pet, Romantic garden, Perfect patio and Luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Relative dies and you release their spirit into afterlife.
What happens when the bug occurs? The dead relative keeps calling their living family, asking to come over or meeting them somewhere else.
What do you expect to see? The dead relatives STAYING dead, keeping quiet especially if they have been released, when they should stop haunting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I think this is a bug, or if not it shouldn't happen anyway. Releasing a spirit is supposed to take the sims ghost completely away from the world, right? And still they are calling so often it gets irritating. And this happens to me with every dead relative, I keep their urns in my household inventory after releasing spirits and game treats them as NPCs in regards of them calling and inviting my living sims to bars and restaurants.

In the attached picture, there is couple of things that feel wrong to me:
1. The sim is dead and spirit released, they shouldn't be calling anyone anymore
2. The mom died literally that same day and she already is guilt-shaming her daughter for not loving her (message basically saying "I raised you with love and care, is it too much to ask to come visit and tell your dear mom at least occasionally that you love her back")

3. They lived in the same house. Where is she inviting her to come?!

*edit The second picture call happened immediately after the first one. To the other daughter this time

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 2 (579 Views)

Re: Dead mom calls even after spirit being released

Hero (Retired)

I've seen this on PS4. The released relative will call for a day or so after being released. It is very odd. It started happening after one of the patches, maybe in December, I don't remember exactly. 

Message 2 of 2 (528 Views)