Re: [OPEN] Getting charged by imaginary NPC (sometimes twice)

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Getting charged by imaginary NPC (sometimes twice)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except fitness and MFP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a home lot with hired regular service NPCs 2. Enter a loading screen either through travelling or going into CAS on a day that the NPC is scheduled to work. 3. Return to the home lot in live mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? No what time of day or how many times a loading screen is triggered, returning to the home lot with regular service NPCs always incurs a charge to household funds and NPCs will have performed their away actions e.g. mess will have been cleaned and gardening done. A message will appear saying a a maid or gardener has cleaned while away from lot (nothing for butler). This only happens on the days a service NPC is scheduled to work. For example, if in one Sim day I will go into CAS five times. Each time I exit CAS, funds will be deducted from household funds, a message will appear saying an NPC has done work, and any mess or gardening will have been cleaned. I think the same happens with repairmen if they are hired and then a loading screen is triggered before they show up, but I can't remember.
What do you expect to see? Service NPCs should only charge once per shift and only during their shift.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This has been happening since the beginning of time.  I must admit, I kind of got complacent with it, but it's started annoying me again, especially when my Sims lose all their household funds on phantom maids Standard smile

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 14 (2,570 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Getting charged by imaginary NPC (sometimes twice)

Hero
Changed the title so it's the same as the old one.

I think it was fixed at one point it just came back .. I'll add it back. Thanks for creating a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (2,497 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Getting charged by imaginary NPC (sometimes twice)

★ Guide

This always happens to me with my gardener. My sims have the free services reward trait though so I don't lose money anymore.  

Message 3 of 14 (2,469 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Added this back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (2,423 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue (without mods)?  If so, and you're willing to share your save files (preferably from both before and after the charge), we'd like to take a look at them.

Instructions on how to send us files are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 14 (2,362 Views)

Maids Over Charge After Travel

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire A Maid, Travel After You Pay Them For The Day, Return Home
What happens when the bug occurs? Even after being paid for the day the maid will charge another fee after traveling.
What do you expect to see? No extra charges for non existing services
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot (266).png

The Maid was done and then after traveling she charged again.. 

Message 6 of 14 (2,304 Views)

Re: Maids Over Charge After Travel

Hero

Merged your post with existing thread @SproutLee 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (2,287 Views)

Re: Maids Over Charge After Travel

EA Staff

Hey @SproutLee 

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

Message 8 of 14 (2,271 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah. This is still happening in the current game.

Message 9 of 14 (2,114 Views)

Hero
Anyone still have this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (1,795 Views)