by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Game will camera track after each game start/ Reloading from CAS

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Discover University, Realm of Magic, Dine Out, Laundry Day, and Bowling Night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can find this bug by loading a saved game or planning an outfit.
What happens when the bug occurs? The camera will start tracking/locking directly on to a random sim that the game itself has chosen. It's always the same sim.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to pick up directly where I last saved, and not locked on to a sim in a completely different location of the house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The issue appeared after updating Origin, The Sims 4 update to 1.62.69.1220 from 1.55.108.1220, the purchase and install of Seasons, Realm of Magic, and Laundry Day, and adding multiple new pieces of Custom Content.

The issue is the game selecting the same sim in the household that was never selected at all, and putting the camera tracking feature on them whenever I click "Plan Outfit" or load a game. I have included a link to a video I uploaded to YouTube showcasing the issue: https://youtu.be/9navopcaNpw 

I have tried everything except reinstalling the game to see if it would fix the issue:

- Removed Custom Content and Mods and loaded the game without any of it

- Removed all Custom Content and Mods, and tried "Repair Game"

- A fresh game by trying this: Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling 

I had version 1.55.108.1220 without any Expansion Packs, Game Packs, or Stuff Packs before 1.62.69.1220 . I did have some Custom Content such as a stove, three different hair styles, two different pairs of shoes, one article of clothing, a TV, and Snow Mod. None of this caused any issues until the update, added Packs, and more Custom Content. I was also talking to a relative that also plays The Sims 4 but has more Packs than I do, and experiences the same bugs that I have described. They; however, do not have any Custom Content or Mods at all and use Windows.

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 6 (855 Views)

Re: Sims will get out of bed and back in immediately; game will camera track

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mazdalover24 The first issue you're describing has a thread here (I know OP is different but other reports in there are not different from yours): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Family-Sims-wake-up-when-i-leave-the-residential-lot/td...

Could you please edit this post to make it about the second issue only and add your voice about the other thing to the existing thread.

It used to be that the game defaulted to the first Sim after using CAS which turned out to be an issue with the GT wardrobe so they fixed it. I will need to check though what the current status on this is,

Please always make one thread per issue in the bug forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (812 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I just edited the post, and posted the first issue to the thread you linked.
Message 3 of 6 (758 Views)

Hero
@mazdalover24 Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (726 Views)

It has always done this in my game - I thought it was a "feature" and it never dawned on me that it could be a bug. Just adding my voice, cause it's super annoying.
Message 5 of 6 (667 Views)

★★ Expert

agree with @wildirishbanshee. i thought it was a "feature" as well. and it's very annoying.

Message 6 of 6 (588 Views)