Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Game saves even when I deliberately exit without saving

by OldeSimsFan

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@Mardies-x wrote:

I get this when I exit to "Manage worlds" instead of main menu or exiting game completely. I think mine is intentional though.

Hmm. I've noticed that before too, actually. Standard smile It's "Just go to Manage Worlds", right? (By the way, going to Manage Worlds without saving, and then going back in the household you're playing, is a good way to fix certain issues like stuck Sims and similar stuff. Wink )

Message 11 of 20 (920 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@StarryMight Thank you for the info. Never know when one needs to do something like that, especially with this 'game'.
Message 12 of 20 (900 Views)

Re: Shadow performs sim actions with no sim present

★★★★ Apprentice
@StarryMight Exactly what it says. As in leaving the game, shutting it down, and going elsewhere to check email, bids on evil bay, reviewing a book I've written that's being published, and other non-Simsian activities. Later was about 2-3 hours later.
Message 13 of 20 (899 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Houston, we have a problem. I don't know what RAR is, let alone be able to make one. I don't do either google or one drive, and not sure how to get there.
Message 14 of 20 (893 Views)

Hero
@OldeSimsFan Rar is a compression/archiving format like zip. You need either 7z or winrar to create them (just google). Then you should be able to upload the archive

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 20 (887 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@OldeSimsFan : I see. Well, I finally patched my game and am currently running a test save based on the World of WIPs save from Mod the Sims, so I'll let you know what I notice.

Message 16 of 20 (877 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sorry if this is a bump, but after doing a test save game for the last few days, I definitely did get this to trigger at least a couple of times on the same household. In one case, it jumped ahead 20 Sim Minutes. In another case, it jumped ahead an hour. (Both definite occurrences that I still remember happened in Forgotten Hollow [Vampires] if that helps.) I also may have had other, less severe occurrences.

However, the amount of time (if it happens) seems random, and the issue itself seems to be hit or miss, as well, with the clock only being a little ahead at worse. Also, Pausing Live Mode before saving and doing Exit to Main Menu may or may not help, I'll have to do more testing as to what exactly triggers it or not.

One thing I'll say, though...since it happened at least once or twice with the game Paused (with my Sims more-or-less still paused in their actions), I wonder if some sort of weird game clock time warp occurring during a loading screen whenever it happens is what's actually going on. Wondering

I learned a while back from the creator of a mod for loading screen autonomy that when you're loading a lot, your Sims are already doing stuff behind the scenes, and if they're standing outside their house when you go in, it's because they reset during the loading screen (the mod was made to alleviate that particular issue). I hope this is helpful somehow. Standard smile

Message 17 of 20 (832 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game saves even when I deliberately exit without saving

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I've got this issue and I can't obviously see from this thread that it's been fixed, although some of the replies seem to be talking about a slightly different problem?

When I close out of the game, or even go to manage worlds, I get two options: 'Save and Go' or 'Just Go'. Whichever one I click, the game will save. I don't want the game to save- if I've messed something up, I'd like to be able to go back to my last good point. I don't always want to save. How do I stop the game saving?

Thanks.

Message 18 of 20 (614 Views)

Sims 4 won't let me choose to exit without saving

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know what this is
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, most GPs and some SPs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ??? I honestly don't know, if it doesn't happen for you then the only way I can think is to come round to my house and I'll show you!
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to exit a game without saving, the game saves anyway
What do you expect to see? When I go back into the game, I'd expect it to be at the last point I exited WITH saving
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure what to put here as all the info is given above but it says I have to type something

Message 19 of 20 (616 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't let me choose to exit without saving

Hero
@TheHappyOcelot this thread is still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (607 Views)