by KEW0701

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Game lags/freezes/crashes after Sims take a photo with a camera

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.30
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be a Sim and try to take a photograph with one of the actual cameras (not the Sim’s cellphone).
What happens when the bug occurs? Immediately after taking the photo(s), when the game exits the camera mode to go back into the live household, the game either a) lags significantly b) freezes the game and the game has to be shut down and restarted or c) crashes the game all together.
What do you expect to see? To be able to have Sims take photos with a camera without the game lagging, freezing and crashing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. For me it started after I installed the Moschino DLC.

This is a significant issue that makes the Moschino photographer career completely unplayable. But it happens anytime any Sim tries to take a photo with a camera. My game just crashed last night because my Sim tried to take a photo with her boyfriend using the Crystal Clear Camera. When the issue first started (right after Moschino was released), the game would lag horribly every time a Sim took a photo. Then the game progressed to freezing where I’d have to shut down and restart the game. I stopped taking photos in my game all together for a long time. Last night I tried to have my Sim take a photo with her boyfriend using the Crystal Clear Camera and the game completely crashed - giving the dreaded, and all too frequent, 34878-0 PS4 error code. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 29 (6,929 Views)

Re: Game lags/freezes/crashes after Sims take a photo with a camera

★ Guide

Another place in the game, and career, that this issue affects is the painter career. My game just crashed, yet again, because I tried to have my Sim paint a painting from reference. When exiting the “photo” you take as a reference, the game crashed and gave me the PS4 CE-34878-0 error screen. 

Message 2 of 29 (6,854 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game lags/freezes/crashes after Sims take a photo with a camera

★★★ Novice

I’m having this same issue on Xbox. This has been happening for months. This just ruins my gameplay. 

Message 3 of 29 (6,793 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@KEW0701 I’ve got this too and I’m on Xbox
Message 4 of 29 (6,761 Views)

★★★ Guide
@NicholeJoy901 @24edav I only use the phone to take pictures and have to pause the game to get it to stop lagging. I haven't used an actual camera yet, though. I only have Cool Kitchen Stuff, Ghoulish Guitar and Holiday Celebration packs so are the basegame cameras also affected? 😯 Just curious. ☺️
Message 5 of 29 (6,731 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This happens also in the PC version since the release of Moschino.

Message 6 of 29 (6,719 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Game lags/freezes/crashes after Sims take a photo with a camer

★ Apprentice
@KEW0701 Huge issue in the PS4, I stopped even trying to push that skill forward since I couldn't get it to stop crashing
Message 7 of 29 (6,691 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes. Never happened before I downloaded moshino. Now, I can’t take pics at all. Not with the moschino camera and with base game without it crashing 

Message 8 of 29 (6,608 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game lags/freezes/crashes after Sims take a photo with a camera

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening in the most recent patch. The take photo option lags/freezes the game. I can barely get the phone menu to pop up, much less take a photo 

Message 9 of 29 (6,531 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game lags/freezes/crashes after Sims take a photo with a camera

★★★ Pro

I have this issue also since Moschino. My fps drops from 150+ to 15-35 for 3-30 second after take photo (Depend whether is raining/stormy/skill up)

I have a good Gaming-Desktop so it’s never crashes + the go in Settings solution help for faster get rid fps drops. Sims 4 is the only game that make my desktop lag and that is a championship in itself *chuckle*

Message 10 of 29 (6,504 Views)