by Figblat

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Game gets stuck during argument with roommate

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Famous, Get Together, Get to Work, City Living, Spa Day, Dine Out, Realm of Magic, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be in an apartment in San Myshuno or in a house on any residential lot and get a roommate. Play for a few sim days. The roommate should eventually have an invisible argument with the player sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Eventually, the roommate will walk up to your sim and stand there, seemingly idle. Your sim will also stand there, seemingly idle. (You can continue to queue actions.) A few sim minutes later, both sims will suddenly be very angry from an argument moodlet.
What do you expect to see? If a roommate sim is interacting with my player sim, I should see something happening, whether through visible animations or an interaction in the queue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed University, it has been happening since the first time I played with roommates.

Note: The problem persists with or without CC installed.

Message 1 of 5 (1,180 Views)

Re: Roommates Have Invisible Arguments Then Bug

Hero
@Figblat Could you post a video of what you're seeing with the argument ?

It also sounds like you're reporting two issues ? If so, please edit this post to be about just one issue and make a new thread for the other.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict It will be very difficult to get a video for it. It's not a common thing that happens, and even when it does happen, it's very difficult to know that it's happening in order to start a video capture, because there's no visual indication that it's happening. Like in my original report, the sims look like they're standing idle, but a few seconds later they're both "very angry" from some invisible argument. If I happen to catch them going into an idle pose randomly and all of a sudden, I will certainly try to get a video, but most times I don't notice it's even happening until they both get the angry moodlet.

I also want to make a small addition to the report...it's not necessarily ALWAYS an argument that happens this way. A few days ago, I do remember this same "standing idle" sort of thing happening with two sims, and a few seconds later they had a flirty moodlet from "secret whispers" or something like that. Again, there was no animation or indication that the sims were interacting, but apparently these interactions with roommates are bugged to not have an action in the queue, and no visible interactions (through animations) taking place. Very strange.

I will continue watching when I play for a chance to capture this in a video, but I usually don't notice it until after it has already happened.

Message 3 of 5 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I managed to capture a video of it happening. This is a bare-bones, new save file. Sorry for the bad quality, I had to reduce it because of the file limits for this forum.

Notice how the sims have their current activity interrupted, stand around in an idle state, then suddenly have an "Argument Anger" moodlet. (Because I was watching for it specifically, I did not continue queuing other actions, but in normal gameplay, you can continue queuing actions while the roommate "stands idle" and both will still receive the "Argument Anger" moodlet after a few seconds.)

I would also like to note that the repeating sounds I previously mentioned in the report do not, in fact, seem to be tied to the invisible argument. My roommate simply went to check the mail and started having repetitive vocalizations (the ones they make while reading mail), and also had the repeating "spray bottle" sounds after cleaning, without any argument having taken place.

Message 4 of 5 (1,072 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Figblat Looks like the game is stuck during the argument like with homework.

Are there any other Sims on at the time ?

Does it happen if you don't have mods/cc installed ?

Sound issue is probably this then: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CL-Apartment-neighbour-gets-stuck-with-reading-mail/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (1,026 Views)