by TheLittlestSim

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] [V] Vampires Can't Complete 'Return to Police Station' Task

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Seasons, Vampires, StrangerVille, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sim (Vladislaus Straud) just started the Detective career but is unable to complete the “Return to Police Station” career task at work.
What happens when the bug occurs? When he is at the crime scene during work, I am able to click on Vladislaus and select “Return to Police Station.” Vladislaus then travels to the police station. However, once he’s arrived at the station, the “Return to Police Station" task remains uncompleted, and I am not able to progress to other career tasks because they will not appear until “Return to Police Station” is completed.
What do you expect to see? I expect that when I return to the police station, the game will mark the “Return to Police Station” task as completed and provide me with more career tasks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Thank you for looking at my problem.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 7 (593 Views)

Re: Mac—Sims 4 [GTW]: Can't Complete “Return to Police Station” Task at Work

Hero
@TheLittlestSim Could you try quitting the career and re-take it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (575 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this, but am still having the same problem.

Message 3 of 7 (551 Views)

Hero
@TheLittlestSim Wonder if it's a vamp issue

Do you have any fly as mist/bat active ? Could you test if it works with a non-vamp Sim (just for testing)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (539 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion. I created a non-vampire Sim and didn't encounter the bug with him. Once he returned to the police station, the "Return to Police Station" career task disappeared and he was able to move on to another task.

As a test, I went back to my vampire Sim. He has both the bat and mist movement abilities, but I made sure "Always Move as Mist/Bat" were disabled and sent him back to the police station. Unfortunately, I still encountered the same bug with him. When he got to the police station, the "Return to Police Station" career task was still present and he couldn't move on to another task.

Message 5 of 7 (517 Views)

Hero
@TheLittlestSim There's so many issues with the police career and vamps, I would suggest playing it with another Sim.

I'm currently unsure if we already have a thread for this or not. Will merge if I find one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (512 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Haha, got it. Thanks!

Message 7 of 7 (505 Views)