by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] [V] No Alien or Vampire Townies Spawn Anymore

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a file and wait for townies to spawn.
What happens when the bug occurs? Alien and vampire townies will not spawn whatsoever.
What do you expect to see? Alien and vampire townies SHOULD be spawning.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

For some reason, I think after a recent patch (but I'm not sure which one), alien and vampire townies have completely stopped spawning. This definitely was not always the case. They used to spawn a good bit, but of course not as often as human Sims. They would also spawn in every neighborhood (not just Forgotten Hollow). Aliens were usually disguised unless they spawned during an Alien Night at a bar. I haven't played in Forgotten Hollow or gone to Alien Night recently (due to the alien discovery bug), so I wouldn't know if they still spawn there, but I definitely haven't seen them anywhere else.

Message 1 of 21 (3,703 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] [V] No Alien or Vampire Townies Spawn Anymore

Hero

Could you retest this after patch ?

@Lorraine-Simmer

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (3,564 Views)

Hero
Tagging @Lorraine-Simmer again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 21 (3,539 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

So far, I'm still not seeing any randomly generated alien or vampire townies.

Message 4 of 21 (3,530 Views)

Hero
OK. Tagging as needs input as well to see how others see it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 21 (3,523 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

Update: I've been playing in Forgotten Hollow. Even then, no vampire townies.

Message 6 of 21 (3,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict

UPDATE: Without mods, vampire townies DO spawn, but ONLY in Forgotten Hollow. Vampire townies still do not spawn in other worlds, and alien townies still do not spawn at all. I recall both aliens and vampires being able to spawn in all worlds sometime ago. The only times that I can get alien townies to spawn is by using the satellite dish, meeting aliens in Sixam, or going to Aliens Night at a bar.

Message 7 of 21 (3,353 Views)

★★★★ Pro
In my vanilla game vampire and alien townies spawn everywhere. I had a vampire live in Oasis Springs and by night the neighborhood was overrun by vampires in exotic outfits. There are also aliens in disguise.
Message 8 of 21 (3,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Do you have a fair number of vampire townies in your save already @Lorraine-Simmer? I know I don't get vampire townies any more in my save, because I already have eight vampires in it. That's five individual unplayed vampire households, plus the original three Maxis premade vampires. I've never had a problem with them not generating outside of Forgotten Hollow either whenever I start a new game.

Unlike aliens in disguise, I don't think the game will just continue to keep generating vampires, from what I've seen in my game. Aliens in disguise will be generated any time though there's not a prior one available for whatever reason to fill the role, possibly because they're often used as bartenders and so on.

I know that the mod, NPC Control by Paulson will stop the generating of alien and vampire walkbys, but it's a setting that can be toggled on or off. So, if you have that mod or another similar that stops/controls random townie generating, it's your culprit for as to why they're not being generated for you.

Some of the late night walkbys in outfits from the Vampires pack are not actually vampires though, instead they're fake vampires (wannabes if you will) generated by the game. That's what I believe that @alanmichael1 is probably seeing in their game late at night.

One last thing, if you use MC Command Center, you can check your log file that it generates and it will tell you the names of all the Sims the game is generating and what filter they're being used for, which is super helpful.

Message 9 of 21 (3,292 Views)

★★★ Guide

No, whenever I start a save in a world other than Forgotten Hollow, absolutely no vampire townies spawn. The only way I can get vampire townies to spawn is by either visiting Forgotten Hollow or playing there.

Message 10 of 21 (3,267 Views)