Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] [V] Can't Cure Vampires during Outbreak for Doctor Career

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs, Expansions, and Stuff except My First Pet Stuff, Toddler Stuff, and Laundry Day Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Work as a Doctor and have the "Outbreak!" special event occur. (For me it happened as a Chief of Staff) If one of the Patients ends up being a Vampire, the Vampire will not be able to be interacted with with the "Treat Sick Sims" interaction, essentially making the special event impossible to complete.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of the patients that needs to be cured is not able to be cured. Your Sim will animate to try and encourage the Sim to "stand up" but the Sim they need to cure is already standing, and will not trigger the playable Sim to actually cure them.
What do you expect to see? The sick Sim to allow the active Sim to cure them, fulfilling the need for the special Outbreak event.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

(See details above.)

(I am curious if this is as a result of the sick Sim being a Vampire, and since work happens during the day, the Sim is not animating properly because they want to escape the sun?)

- B

Message 1 of 6 (2,402 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] [V] Can't Cure Vampires during Outbreak for Doctor Caree

★★★★★ Guide
This may be a rather specific event, however it did pretty much ruin the "Outbreak!" event that occurred during the Doctor Career, since the Vampire couldn't be cured of the illness.

I did notice when the situation happened again, that Sims that didn't arrive on the lot properly (All the afflicted Sims appeared on the street nearby, and had to "run" to the lot) were not able to be cured UNTIL they arrived on the lot. Perhaps that is a symptom of the problem?

- B
Message 2 of 6 (2,336 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] [V] Can't Cure Vampires during Outbreak for Doctor Caree

Champion
I had something similar to this happen on a recent outbreak, and none of the patients were vampires.

I kept clicking on this guy and the action to treat wouldn't do anything, my doctor would try to encourage them to get up, but the patient would just stand there.

Then I realised I'd jumped the gun and click the guy too early. I left him alone and he walked off into position and fainted. I was then able to treat him normally.

When I arrived on the lot, all the patients had spawned in standing at the spawn point along with my doctor instead of already collapsed on the floor around the house. That's what confused me. I had to wait for them all to take their places and set the stage.
Message 3 of 6 (2,322 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This sounds similar to what I experienced on the second Outbreak I encountered, where the afflicted Sims were not able to be interacted with until they actually walked to the lot and collapsed; the only troublesome part was that the Vampire Sim (This was on the first experience) that spawned never walked to the lot to get into "position" so my Doctor sim could cure them, making it impossible to finish the event.

Message 4 of 6 (2,298 Views)

★★ Pro
@simvasion I'm having the same issue. My sim is vampire celebrity doctor and got out to the community lot for outbreak event. 3 Sims have red mark above their head on lot. They are all human sims. But only one of them collapsed on floor and the other 2 keep standing on lot and do nothing. I had my doctor sim did celebrity disguise but it doesn't help at all. 2 sims just stand on the lot doing nothing. Especially, when my doctor sim is playing the guitar while waiting other sims collapse on floor, then those sims stand around my sim and enjoy his guitar performance. Have no idea how to solve this issue.
Message 5 of 6 (2,135 Views)

★ Guide

Omg thank you! I was going nuts trying to figure out why it wasn’t working but this was it. Just had to wait for them to finally pass out 

Message 6 of 6 (1,129 Views)