Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Unable to Travel to Alien World

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Seasons, Vampires, StrangerVille, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sim (named "Strange Daze") is a level 10 Scientist but is unable to complete the "Travel to Alien World" career task at work through either the Electroflux Wormhole Generator or the rocket ship.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I select the Electroflux Wormhole Generator, I am unable to select the "Travel to Alien World..." option. When I hover over the "Travel to Alien World..." option, a text box appears explaining "Strange can't travel because she is working." When I select the rocket ship, I am able to select "Travel Through Wormhole," and see a box that gives me the option to "Beam Down!" But after I click on "Beam Down," another box appears that says "On the job! Strange should wrap up what she's doing here before leaving." The only option I have is to click "OK" and return to the Scientist career lot. Because of this, I haven't been able to attend the alien party on Sixam.
What do you expect to see? I expect to travel to the alien party on Sixam, complete the "Travel to Alien World" task, and receive further career task prompts.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Thank you for your help!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 8 (1,478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GTW] Unable to Travel to Alien World

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! Just wanted to say that I tried to "Travel to Alien World" during the Scientist work event recently, and was able to do so. So this bug seems to be resolved.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (963 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@TheLittlestSim Currently don't have a scientist to test this, would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,450 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you, I just sent you the link via PM.

Message 3 of 8 (1,425 Views)

Hero
@TheLittlestSim Tested your save and yeah, can duplicate this. Tried to create a new one that had the same issue.

Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,395 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks! Does this mean the game developers may fix it with the next patch?

Message 5 of 8 (1,387 Views)

Hero
@TheLittlestSim I don't know when there's going to be a fix for this. It can be a long process

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,383 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Got it. Thank you! This is my first time reporting a bug so I'm not familiar with the process.

Message 7 of 8 (1,379 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! Just wanted to say that I tried to "Travel to Alien World" during the Scientist work event recently, and was able to do so. So this bug seems to be resolved.

Message 8 of 8 (964 Views)