by burin077

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Unable To See Option: Water Plant in Sims Lab

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living Get To Work Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a Sim as work as a scientist. 2. Join the Sim to work in the lab. 3. Click on one of the plants in the greenhouse. Note: Make sure that the plants are dry either by using testingcheats or going to work for multiple days in a row. I've also done the following alternatives and I'm still unable to water them: 1. Remove the original plant and plant a new one. 2. Place the plants outside the greenhouse. 3. Reset/Debug the plant using testingcheats.
What happens when the bug occurs? Expected: To see the "Water Plant" option. Actual: Unable to see the "Water Plant" option. Context: My plants are drying up naturally and my Sim is unable to water them. They're also not growing so I'm unable to harvest items that I need to make serums.
What do you expect to see? Expected: To see the "Water Plant" option.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I uninstalled and re-installed the game on December 25, 2018.

Unable To See Water Plant Option.png

As you can see in the screenshot, there should be a button saying "Water Plants" when clicking a plant that's dry.

NOTE: I was planning on buying more expansions, but I WILL NOT BUY THEM UNTIL YOU FIX THIS ISSUE.

Message 1 of 23 (5,528 Views)

Re: Unable To See Option: Water Plant in Sims Lab

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

The only way I've been seeing to work around the issue while this problem is in effect is to buy a Sprinkler; it seems you don't have Seasons, so that's not really an option.

Try this: Move the plant outside, and then back into the greenhouse; this should change the plant in and out from a "Sheltered" status. It might force the plant to go back into a "just planted" state, however.

I can't guarantee this will work, as I have the Seasons expansion, so Gardening functions a little differently than your file.

- B

Message 2 of 23 (5,438 Views)

★★★ Novice
I've already tried moving the planters in and out of the greenhouse. It didn't work. Frown
Message 3 of 23 (5,429 Views)

Hero
Is the science lab the only place you have issues with watering plants ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (5,416 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can’t water them at the science lab either, or at least I couldn’t once they were watered once, the option doesn’t seem to come up again; I thought it had to do with the gardening update and that they only reset to need watering at certain times, similar to how you can’t harvest plants there once you’ve harvested them once since the harvestables only spawn if you are on a lot at 5 am. However, my plants don’t look dried up like it does here. When watering plants came up as a work task for me, I just had my sim plant a new plant (he had some in his inventory, but he could have also purchased ‘seeds’) and then water it and doing that completed the task. That said, my sim has only had about 6 work days at the lab (he’s gone everyday, but that’s all I’ve played so far). 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 5 of 23 (5,403 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] Unable To See Option: Water Plant in Sims Lab

★★★★★ Guide

Just to add to this issue:

- Adding Sprinklers to the lab does water the plants, however it doesn't seem to contribute to plant health; I am still seeing plants on the Science Career lot dying.

- The only time I "can" Water Plants is when I plant something initially; after such, it never comes back up again, and the plant steadily drops in health unless I add fertilizer to the plant to keep it alive.

The issue doesn't occur on residential lots, but i haven't tried it on Community Lots or other Career lots; I can give that a try later when I'm playing.

- B

Message 6 of 23 (5,382 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I can still water my plants in my home. But not in the science lab.

Message 7 of 23 (5,351 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Unable To See Option: Water Plant in Sims Lab

Hero
Added as Needs INput

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 23 (5,266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've hit that perfect moment in which all of the tasks on the work list cannot be completed :P

Here's a picture of my garden that cannot be tended by coworkers. I expect (hope) it will be rare to hit nothing but un-doable tasks. I love Sims way too much, but this has been the most persnickity version of it I have played to date. lol

Message 9 of 23 (5,229 Views)

★★★ Novice
I pretty much just gave up on being a scientist (just like in real life).
Message 10 of 23 (5,217 Views)