by canelacaliente

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Transform Sim No Longer Works

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Dine Out, Parenthood Stuff, Spa Day, Strangerville Packs: My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim with a Simray that has the transform option click on another Sim and select the transform option.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim looks the same. The same gets the Moodlet for being transformed.
What do you expect to see? The Sim to have a random skin color, eye color, and hair color for 2 days when transformed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I clicked on change Sim in the mirror and it the changes from transforming the Sim were reflected.  The changes did not stick.  When I went into alter disguise for my alien Sim, the changes were removed.

Message 1 of 4 (1,356 Views)

Re: [GTW] Transform Sim No Longer Works

Hero
@canelacaliente To be sure I understand you right, they never transform ? It wasn't that the transformation reset after going to CAS ?

Could you test a non-alien Sim to see if it's all Sims or just aliens ? I tried several times and my Sim changed eyes, hair color and skin but reverted once taken to CAS

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,308 Views)

★★★ Pro

@crinrict 

To be sure I understand you right, they never transform?

I used transform on all the Sims in my household.  One is an alien.  The alien transformed, the rest of the Sims did not.  All Sims received the Moodlet for being transformed.  I tried transform on NPC Sims.  None of them transformed.  I tried on several NPC aliens.  The alien transformed.

It wasn't that the transformation reset after going to CAS?

I went into CAS to change the hairstyle and color of one of the Sims that I had transformed that was not an alien.  After making the modifications, her skin color and hair color changed like she had been transformed.  It was not what I had set.

I went back into CAS to alter the alien disguise.  The Sim that looked like she had been transformed reverted back to normal skin tone and had the hair color I had selected.  The alien was no longer appearing transformed.  I was only changing the clothing of the alien Sim's disguise.

Could you test a non-alien Sim to see if it's all Sims or just aliens?

It seems in my game, transform only works on alien Sims in my save.  The Sims do revert back when you enter CAS.

Message 3 of 4 (1,287 Views)

Hero
@canelacaliente I haven't tested any aliens so for me it worked but they reverted back after going to CAS (can't say if that was always the case or not).

Tagging as needs input to see if others have the same experience as you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,267 Views)