by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] Testing some Serums on other Sims has no effect

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Snowy Escape.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give a Serum to another sim through the friendly dialogue option "Test Serum"
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. I get the initial animation of the receiving sim drinking the potion but then no further effects, tried with almost every serum type that causes a physical change to the sim. Serums only seem to be working on my controlled Sim when self testing from his own inventory.
What do you expect to see? The results of the serum, whether that be getting fatter, thinner or turning into a ghost etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Things were working fine prior to the most recent version update alongside the release of Snow escape, I was playing with the serums prior to the patch just fine, upon updating after work and resuming play, they no longer had any effect on the receiving sims.

I had quite a few mods installed, none of which directly or indirectly should have affected anything science related, regardless I removed them all for further testing both on my current save and a fresh game completely and found the issue persisted. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title 

Message 1 of 19 (1,832 Views)

Re: Testing Serums on other Sims does not work again.

Hero
@Overlordkain Do you still get a last exception ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (1,820 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict No, no error message when giving the Serum.
Message 3 of 19 (1,818 Views)

Hero
@Overlordkain I tested this on my save and gave a food serum.That did work.

Which ones in detail aren't working for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (1,800 Views)

★★ Novice

Slimify, Enbiggen, Ghost Goo, ill need to further test the others on a sim in my household to see if they are having any effect at all. 

Message 5 of 19 (1,793 Views)

Hero
@Overlordkain Putting this on the list of testing.

The Sim I used for the other isn't really far along in the career so would you mind sending me your save so I can test on that and save some time ?

Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (1,789 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tested a few others on a household sim, genius, handy, and a couple of others. No effect good or bad.

Here is the link to the save zip https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgNzvogrZH_6mxXsqzfiTI4pb_Wg?e=c6XytC

Message 7 of 19 (1,780 Views)

Hero
@Overlordkain Thank you. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Calling it a night :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (1,767 Views)

Test serum not working (xbox1)

★★★ Novice

When I try to test serums on others sims there is no effect ( I tried all serums ); they works only on controlled sims.

It started with the latest update and I still tried to re-download the game and remove cheats; it happens to all my saves

Message 9 of 19 (1,684 Views)

Re: Test serum not working (xbox1)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kevinwillyam Merged your post with existing thread. Is it just the ones mentioned in OP for you or others as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (1,668 Views)