Serums have no efect when given to non-family members

by rostsit

Original Post

Re: Test serum not working (xbox1)

★★★ Novice

Actually yes, It's the same problem

As I said it happened with every serum, no matter which one I use or on which sim I test them (same household or others), they don't work

Hope it will be found a solution and thanks for your time 

Message 11 of 19 (1,398 Views)

Hero
@kevinwillyam Hm, i tested the food one and that gave an effect for me.

Thanks for confirming though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 19 (1,387 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can confirm that for some reason testing the food serum on a controlled sim seems to work but asking sims to test serums appears to not give any effects.

i have tested this on two different saves (ON PC) with the ghost goo and the fixer serums, one time on my controlled sim and another time on a NPC, my controlled sim had an effect and the npc didn't. (Bear in mind i tested this by saving the game with the tested serums in my sims inventory and then using them first on myself ((both worked)) and then reloading the save and testing them on the NPC ((again, no effect))

so from this i assume that something is not being triggered on the NPC side that's causing the game to not do anything, so i tested again.

this time i gave a tested serum (ghost goo) to one of my household sims. (one which i could control by switching to them) and i saw no effect. i think it's something to do with a trigger with the test serum option not doing it's job.

(i have all DLC including the newer one (the snowy escape pack) and am kinda upset cuz scientist was the first i went to since this is my first time playing it... Frown )

Message 13 of 19 (1,343 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Testing some Serums on other Sims has no effect

★★ Novice

Do you know if they will fix the scientist career soon? Testing serums on other sims stopped working for me when snowy escape came out.

Message 14 of 19 (1,300 Views)

Serums have no efect when given to non-family members

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give s serum to any sim outside of played family household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens
What do you expect to see? I except that serums have their effects
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know this bug is supposed to be "fixed" (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-GTW-Scientists-serum-was-completely-ineffective/m-p/6683...), but as the game is being developed the way we all know about - it's broken again. Except now serums actually work if an active sim uses them.

I've tried this with Slimify and Ox Strength serums so I won't claim none works.

Message 15 of 19 (1,302 Views)

Re: Serums have no efect when given to non-family members

★ Guide

I think this bug is happening with the Realm Of Magic potions too (since they're basically the same thing). My sim had like 40 potions of nausea in her inventory (made them for retail store & for gifting specters) and I must've given about 20 of them to all her neighbours and NOBODY vomited. I also tried to fix the moods of some of my customers in my magic shop with plentiful needs, but those didn't work either. I think they're both just completely broken.

Message 16 of 19 (1,281 Views)

Re: Serums have no efect when given to non-family members

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rostsit I merged this with the new thread we already have.

Interesting info about the non-household members.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 19 (1,252 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don't really care if my serums have an effect on other sims because I mostly only test them for work tasks, but I am also not seeing any effect when giving serums to coworkers.

Message 18 of 19 (1,199 Views)

EA Staff

Hello 

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 19 (1,082 Views)