Hi @dolldrms1

Thank you again for your saves and feedback Standard smile

Happy Simming! 

Message 11 of 19 (2,124 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Sims Excessively Attracted to Snack Machine at Hospital

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict

UPDATE: As of Laundry day/this month's patch, this issue seems to have been fixed for me. The snack machine itself, however, still appears to be broken, some food options being grayed out when they shouldn't be. Since I don't have some of the mods I used to, though, I have no way of knowing if the issue was mod-related or if it was patched. If it helps, I have not seen this occur again in modded OR unmodded saves.

Message 12 of 19 (2,079 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
I was able to repro this at the time so it wasn't mod related.

Maybe @dolldrms1 could also test.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (2,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I will test further this weekend but do feel this has been tweaked.  In my game, the doctor is still usually choosing to clean something but think that is because of the neat trait.  However, I didn't see such an immediate push to the snack machine when the hunger bar barely moves into the yellow, there was time to queue up a command.  In addition to that, I didn't see her pushed to use the phone or sing one single time.

The one time a soda popped up, I didn't notice the money immediately be taken either but admit my attention had been pushed to the front of the lot to be sure a pregnant sim had actually spawned (she had), so I didn't catch the soda in the queue for an instant.  Will check that further but perhaps money taken for food as soon as the game queues soda/food for the next action has been addressed as well.

Edited to Add for @crinrict :  

Have done further testing and it still feels like some tweaking has been done.  I was wrong about money not being taken right away for soda/food, it is.  Doesn't feel like the AI is stepping in as quickly and with such a strong push towards soda/food as has been the case before now.  I didn't totally escape a push for soda/food over 4 days of playing as the doctor but only a couple of times rather than what has sometimes felt like a constant battle in the past.

Message 14 of 19 (2,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict

UPDATE: Did a bit more testing, and while the problem isn't as bad as it used to be, I'm still noticing somewhat of an obsession with the snack machine, even when Sims have full hunger. Although it seems to have at least been tweaked to where the simoleons will be refunded if I cancel the action, they still consistently want to purchase sodas upon first arriving at work and throughout the work day. Yes, specifically sodas.

Message 15 of 19 (2,020 Views)

Hero
I've not seen it again in my game anymore but I've only played one shift so far.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 19 (2,006 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's still a thing. My current family has a son that has done the doctor's career for this past month (he's now top level) and if/when I would go with him, that attraction to the snack machine is strong in him. No glutton trait (he's genius, mean, materialistic). One little notch of hunger on his bar gone and he's wanting that snack, no matter what he's doing. IDK what the gurus are putting in those machines, but it must be something good. :D

Also, something maybe related (? not sure), I recently built a library and put a vending machine in the 'break room' area. When I playtested the build, the sims would queue up the food action, the money would be deducted and the queue would drop entirely. I'd get out and reload only to see a bunch of sandwiches in the fridge. Now, if I'd direct the sim to purchase a sandwich (watching like a hawk), they'd get it just fine. They'd sometimes would put the sandwich down and forget to eat, but don't think that's related. ?!? 

Message 17 of 19 (1,962 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Sims Excessively Attracted to Snack Machine at Hospital

★★★★★ Apprentice
Even when my sim isn't that hungry he feels the need to go buy a sandwich or a microwavable dessert. It'll even charge my sim when he's still on the other side of the hospital and making his way there. Don't get that money back when I cancel the action either and there's no food available either.
Message 18 of 19 (1,852 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [GTW] Sims Excessively Attracted to Snack Machine at Hospital

Hero
Is anyone still seeing this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (1,703 Views)