[NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] Sim can't go home from active career lot/stuck at work icon

by Compulsivian

Original Post

Re: scientist career

★★ Guide

@Sid1701d9  If You mean my last Game Exception, I don't think it have anything with any former/current(?) Pregnancy bugs to do. - But I wouldn't know. Don't understand the "language" in the ExceptionsWink

True, from level 8 in Doctor's Career to become a level 9, You need a Pregnant Sim.

I play without AutoAging for both Townies and Self made Households (Static gaming), and had to set Aging On for Nonplayed Sims, to get one. That provoked a Pregnant Townie to appear. I turned aging off again after. 

- My problems, however, didn't occur, at all, at that level of the career.

It was from level 9 going to level 10. The Promotion is for: To successfully diagnose and treat 5 Sims. I did, and got it. At Work Hours. Then It went down Hill.

I've had no other pregnant Sims, showing up at Hospital, after the one I planned for.

The only other Emergencies was some: assess a Collapsed Sim (Surgery), and a BioHazard, Out Of House, in the Timeframe. 

- The Collapsed Sim appeared in the Second episode, but can't remember if there was any Emergencies in the first.

Remember, I didn't expect a problem, and wasn't vigilant because nothing looked to alarming. - Before the problem occurred, and I had to retrace my steps. 

The only thing, I'm sure of, both incidences my Sim was Staying Late. I've only had that one pregnant Sim showing up, in level 8. But can't remember any other work related incidences. Could have been one too, in the first incident, but going through the motions at that point. - Was just another Sim Workday Wink

Message 21 of 32 (1,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@CompulsivianA quick tip for what kind of day to expect hover your mouse over the progress bar, The game should tell you what to expect that day. However all emergencies should happen during regular hours and not late hours, So something seems off. maybe Sim overheating from seasons before they get to you so they die, before they get there, or freezing like in Winter.

Edit: I said moose instead of mouse, that would be one big moose of a mouse to hover over.  Anyways corrected my weird spelling mistake hope you liked my weird rhyme.

Message 22 of 32 (1,422 Views)

Re: Sim stuck in Work Mode, Doctor Branch, at the level Chief of Staff

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict  I promised my testing would be over the Weekend, but didn't had quite the amount of Time to do the testing properly, to my own satisfaction.

Better late than never though.

First of all, seems like the Problem do occur, when staying late, as You deducted after Your own testing.

Tried 10 Work Shifts without pushing to Stay Late, and Stuck at Work Mode didn't reappear.

Small Overview in the different Shifts:

Day 1:

Work Event: Deliver a Baby. Everything was as by design.

Promotion at End of Shift.

Day 2:

Work Event: Collapsed/ assess Sim. - Bugged.

- Patient moved to Exambed instead of Surgery table. Couldn't interact/click on her. (debug tried and failed) Emergency failed, and she left untreated.

Day 3:

The Mermaid Work Clothes Bug, You mentioned appeared.

Work Event: Virulent Outbreak.  Everything was as by design.

Day 4:

Mermaid Work Clothes Bug again.

Work Event: Assess collapsed Sim. Patient never showed up. Bugged.

Day 5:

Work Event: Assess collapsed Sim. Everything was as by design.

Promoted to Chief of Staff at End of Shift.

Day 6:

Mermaid Work Clothes Bug again. A lovely Evening Gown this time though..

Work Event: Deliver Baby. Everything was as by design.

Given a Raise by End of Shift.

Day 7:

Day 8:

couldn't Join my Sim at Work because of Harvest Fest, even though The Event was closed down 3 hours prior to Work day start.

Day 9: 

Given a Raise by End of Shift.

Day 10:

Work Event: Virulent Outbreak. Didn't show up in Work task/ Event tasks, so didn't go. Failed.

Given a Raise at End of Shift.

After this Test try, I'm rather convinced  that The Promotion Event, You mentioned, had an impact together with choosing to Staying Late action. My Sim got two promotions in this Test Game, and several Raises too. - Always at End of Shift, and not during the Work Shift, like when my Problems appeared first.

I do have The Mermaid Work Clothes malfunction bug too, clearly.

The other bugs, I've experienced, well, They could obviously happen because my Game at this time is a bit "shifty", or be Independent ones.

- They didn't ruin the Game experience for me, even though not being able to Join a Sims Active Career at Holidays is quite annoying for me.

Hope I've shed a little more light over my experiences with this bug..

Message 23 of 32 (1,384 Views)

Hero
@Compulsivian Thanks for the extensive testing. I'm sure this helps QA narrow down the actual problem.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 32 (1,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

No, it didn't work either. Could it be because he is an alien?

@CGrant56 No, I didn't save the game, while he was still at work. I went to play in his family instead, and he wouldn't go home early either. I let the wife call him on the phone and invite him to another location, and then go home. I had to let him drop his job and start all over. My scientist is an alien, could that be the problem? I can let him work his normal shift, and then he goes home but not if I let him work late, and if I finally get him home, he is still "at work", and won't leave for work the next day.

@Compulsivian As far as I know, it is NOT an issue in the doctor career but only with the scientist.

(Multiple Posts merged by CM)

Message 25 of 32 (1,331 Views)

★★ Guide

@simsister  I'm sorry to correct You. It IS an issue in the Doctor Career too. I've experienced, and documented it, as far as I could.

Message 26 of 32 (1,279 Views)

Hero

@simsister  I don't think that being an alien has anything to do with this particular issue.  I might be wrong though so it can't be ruled out.  I just doubt it.  The issue you are having is happening for others too, both in the GTW careers and in normal careers so the main issue causing it is probably something they all have in common rather than specific to GTW and/or working overtime.  I have had it happen with multiple sims in various careers and there seems to be no rhyme nor reason for which ones it hits.

So from what you describe, I get the idea that the sim is home now but the portrait is greyed out and you can't access his inventory.  And he won't go to work anymore so the game, for whatever reason, seems to think he is still at work.  When you say you let him drop his job and start over, I take that to mean that you had the sim quit the scientist career and then join it again and the sim's portrait is still greyed out after working overtime again.  Is that correct?

You could also try to travel with another sim in the household and see if you can then switch to the sim in the scientist career to see if he is still at home or at the lab.  If he is at the lab then you might be able to quit early to see if he goes home and if he does, that should clear the portrait.  

Another thing you can try is have hm quit again and go into a non GTW career to see if that will work to clear the portrait and then go back to the scientist career. 

If you haven't done it, I also suggest you repair the game.  And delete the localthumbcache.package file too.  Deleting that file seems to fix a lot of things.  The game will generate a new one the next time you start so don't worry about deleting it.  All you'll notice is that it takes a little longer to generate the sim thumbnail portraits.

Hope this helps.

Message 27 of 32 (1,212 Views)

★★ Guide

@simsister Did You send @crinrict Your Savegame? I'm afraid this issue, will never get addressed, if not for further information about players problems. QA is a bit slow apparently..

Message 28 of 32 (1,121 Views)

Error medical career at hospital!

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expasions, game packs and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the medical career, at hospital and when the Sim is promoved!
What happens when the bug occurs? When the career expedition ended at the hospital and the Sim was promoted, he did not return home! Get stuck in the hospital! The only way to get him out of the hospital is to quit his career!
What do you expect to see? That after the promotion and the end of the workday, he returns home!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Error medical career at hospital!

Message 29 of 32 (1,090 Views)

Re: Error medical career at hospital!

Hero
@ThiSims3 Merged your post with existing thread. Pretty sure it's the same issue.

Did you stay late ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 32 (1,059 Views)