by ArchXDiablo

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Retail employees won't initiate "Answer Questions"

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a retail business, have employees set to answer questions.
What happens when the bug occurs? Watch as employees try to initiate retail interactions, walk up to a customer, then the customer walks away. This makes it useless to have employees pitch sales.
What do you expect to see? Employees properly doing retail interactions with customers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Maybe this has been reported but all I could find was threads on employees socializing a lot which is not the case here.

Message 1 of 6 (862 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Retail employees won't initiate "Answer Questions&q

Hero

I've added this but if you're still at 1.47, could you please update your game before making reports ?

Thanks..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (795 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Retail employees won't initiate "Answer Questions&a

★★★★★ Apprentice

Issue reproduced on brand new save after game repair and folder refresh.

@crinrict Yes I've been on 1.48 for 2 weeks now, I just had my fields on auto fill. I'll go update the others. Although I do not update right when a patch is released due to running mods and the studio liking to break things a lot. Nonetheless this bug is older.

Message 3 of 6 (785 Views)

Hero
It's best to always put the current version your'e reporting the bug on so QA knows which version it occurred on, even if it's been in the game for a while. Sometimes bugs do get ninja fixed so yeah, always test on the newest version before reporting something.

I understand the want to not update right away but bug reports should always be on the current version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (781 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I've tested with some mods that buff your employees to react more to their assigned tasks just to see if that would have any impact. It did not for answering questions. It seems that employees get wrapped into normal conversations and don't kick in the retail ones.

So both vanilla and modded the issue seems to be there.
Message 5 of 6 (746 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Issue resolved via modding. The issue is simple, the idle chat interaction is the culprit. Any mod or your own that removes idle chat prevents employees from being stuck in endless non sense chat and forces them as well as customers to use real interactions. Therefore employees end up using retail socials plenty of times.

This resulted in my store selling 18 electronics in 8 hours mostly by employees all assigned to answer questions and me ringing customers. Previously they could select a sim and use 1 retail interaction but then they would be stuck in idle chat. No more of that when you take that away, employees queue up retail ones even 3 times on one customer and properly redirect other interactions.

Mods that remove idle chat like Personality Please or SCAMv5 do the trick as well. So if the devs ever care to make retail work properly instead of being severely broken in this pack, look no further than idle chat which is an issue in many areas and should just be wiped completely.

Message 6 of 6 (701 Views)