Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Research Machine causing breakthroughs for non-Scientist

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Research Machine causing breakthroughs for non-Scientist

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Research Machine (I mostly use it for Research skill, idk if that matters).
What happens when the bug occurs? Every Sim I've had use the research machine will periodically have a scientific breakthrough for one of the scientist career inventions despite not being in the scientist career. It's weird...?
What do you expect to see? Not having breakthroughs for a career they're not in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. DU

Every Sim I've had use the research machine will periodically have a scientific breakthrough for one of the scientist career inventions despite not being in the scientist career. It's weird...?

Unless studying Research is supposed to cause non-scientists to discover how to make satellite dishes and stuff, idk why this keeps happening.

Sims 4 Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 01.35.44.65.png

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 1 of 4 (838 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Research Machine causing breakthroughs for non-Scientist

Hero
Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (812 Views)

★★★ Guide

Message 3 of 4 (782 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@PansekshuElle Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (768 Views)