Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] Patient Leaves Surgery Table Mid-Surgery

by xoChelleJoxo

Original Post

★★ Guide

@NinjaDogBuilds I went in your save, and as you described, the collapsed sim does go to the first surgery table, and get up half way thru. And then you can not continue on with the surgery with that sim. During my testing, I didn't get a collapsed sim, so it seems to me that the collapsed sim might be the glitch, or that sim in particular. 

What I would suggest, is to cut your losses with the collapsed sim. Once I took her to surgery, it checked off assisting her. And then I treated one of the other two adult sims, one with surgery and I was able to get the 1/3 surgeries done. 

@crinrict I would say it is likely the collapsed sim might be the thing bugged here? Seems that @tchrystall24 also says collapsed sim. 

@arterialrainbow and @novastarss75 was the issue with you a collapsed sim, as well? 

Message 11 of 62 (3,827 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@xoChelleJoxo Thanks for testing and all the info.

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 62 (3,811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The problem didn't start till after the collapsed sim appeared. I would guess that is the issue as well.

Message 13 of 62 (3,750 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Patient Leaves Surgery Table Mid-Surgery

★★★ Novice

I’ve been having the same problem and just found a bit of a workaround. Bring up the cheat bar (shift+c) and type in “bb.enablefreebuild” while at the workplace. The edit lot button will now be enabled. Delete one of the surgery tables and now your sim and the patient will be forced to use the one table. 

Message 14 of 62 (3,720 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GTW] Patient Leaves Surgery Table Mid-Surgery

★★★ Newbie

I only have the Weather Pack and the Get To Work Pack, and when I try to do surgery, the patient will get up and go to the next table, and I can't do anything after that. My Sim has to perform 3 surgeries, and I don't know how to fix this.

Message 15 of 62 (3,664 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GTW] Patient Leaves Surgery Table Mid-Surgery

★★ Apprentice

Thank you everyone for the workarounds. I hope this issue reaches the devs and will get a fix sometime.

Message 16 of 62 (3,630 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this happen the first (and so far only) time my doctor got a collapsed Sim; however just now I had it happen with one that started out on the exam bed when the doctor got to work, and was the first patient she examined. 

Also found another workaround though: When that first Sim gets stuck on the wrong surgery table, leave them there and go examine others until you find one in need of surgery, then send *them* to surgery and they will have to stay on the right bed. This worked for me to get one surgery checked off today while that first guy was stuck in the wrong surgery room.

Message 17 of 62 (3,612 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Wanted to add to the original issue: with further game play, I have advanced through the doctor career but am continuing to have issues with the collapsed sim event with a new twist. When my doctor tries to assess the collapsed sim, the npc collapsed sim gets up and moves to an exam table and can not be interacted with any longer. Shortly then it will declare I failed to help them but still give me credit for assessing them for the workday.
Message 18 of 62 (3,593 Views)

Sims Unable To Be Operated On

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.115.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Parenthood, Vampires, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be a Doctor in Get To Work and attempt surgery on a patient
What happens when the bug occurs? Patient lays down on the surgery table, surgery begins and then stops, patient stands up and goes to the other surgery table and is unable to be operated on.
What do you expect to see? Patients should be able to be operated on to fix illness.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sim can't operate on his patients anymore. Whenever he tries to operate, his patients get up and go to the other surgery station and are unable to be operated on. This prevents me from moving up in the career path.

Message 19 of 62 (3,547 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Patient Leaves Surgery Table Mid-Surgery

★★★★ Guide

I also have this bug my sim is not a vampire

Message 20 of 62 (3,494 Views)