by 27Leonie96

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Operation/Interrogation table don't work on self-build lot

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except fitness, bowling, backyard, spooky, cool kitchen, and the luxery stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you have a sim in the Doctor career and a pregnant sims spawns when you try to deliver the baby as a doctor it just cancels the action. The entire operation table seems unusable. The same happens with the detective career from get to work where I can't interrogate my suspects.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to deliver a baby on the operation table (or try to interrogate a suspect), and the action never appears, they just don't do it. With the doctor they do talk to the person but then nothing more, they don't get to the operating table.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to operate on the operation table when I give my sim the task to do so. Same with interrogating suspects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

1. I have a sim in the detective/doctor career (had this with both careers).

2. I build my own police station/hospital.

3. I get through the career without any issues.

4. Detective: Once I have to interrogate my suspect I try and select the option but it just doesn't work. My sim does not respond and resets herself.

Doctor: Once I have to operate on a sim or deliver a baby on the operating table my sim goes to the patient, talks to them as if they are about to do it but then the task disappears and does not work.

Message 1 of 12 (3,013 Views)

Re: sims can't deliver babies at hospital

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@27Leonie96 That's bad news! I played the detective until just before the latest patch and everything was fine. Can anybody confirm this bug? May it depend on the self-built police station?

EDIT: I went back to an older save and tested interrogating in the default police station. Fortunately I had no problems. So perhaps the free building cheat is bugged or there are layout mistakes in your police station. Baby delivery in the doctor career has been bugged again and again - I don't know about the current status.

Message 2 of 12 (2,950 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you for checking. I have had a friend play the game aswell and she was able to interrogate or operate just fine. So I believe it might indeed hve something to do with the enablefreebuild cheat...
Message 3 of 12 (2,945 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@27Leonie96 It would be interesting to check baby delivery in the default hospital. The fact that a pregnant woman is coming to the hospital at all in your game is a good sign. Perhaps this whole thread could be marked as fixed.

Message 4 of 12 (2,942 Views)

★ Novice
I will definitely try some time soon. Hopefully it might work. (Not that I need it to continue in my career. Already at level 9) but it is really frustrating when the pregnant sim hangs around the hospital for hours in labor without being able to deliver the baby. XD
Message 5 of 12 (2,939 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I split this again. Sorry. 

Do you have any lastexception files ?

Also could you upload your build to the gallery ?

@27Leonie96

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (2,934 Views)

★ Novice
Lastexception files?

The build is already on the gallery. You can find it uinder my origin ID 27Leonie96
Message 7 of 12 (2,913 Views)

Hero

Yes, you find those files in your document folder. If you have any new ones, please upload.

I'll check the build next week. Bit tied up this week

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (2,902 Views)

Hero

Hi @27Leonie96

sorrry for the late reply.

Do you also have a police station or just a hospital ? It's a bit easier to test.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (2,851 Views)

★ Novice
I have one save with a police station where the interrogation table doesn't work, and another save where my sim can't use the operating table at the hospital.
Message 10 of 12 (2,847 Views)