by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Lost Variants on Lab Coat

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS with a high-ranked scientist, then hover over the laboratory coat item.
What happens when the bug occurs? There won’t be any other variants for that item.
What do you expect to see? More than one variants like the item used to have.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Feb. 21st, and the subsequent Apr. 16th patch

I don’t have a screenshot for this, but I’m sure that the lab coat that came with GTW used to have more than one variants. The reinstated one after the “SV scientist outfit bug” only has the sky blue variant. One evidence to prove my point is that one of the promotional sims, George, wears a white variant of the coat. One can still find him in the Maxis’ official Gallery account—he’ll retain the coat after downloaded, but his Everyday outfit (the white lab coat) cannot be found in CAS. 

Message 1 of 4 (809 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GTW] Lost Variants on Lab Coat

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@samsam713 I just remembered to check this out in Sims 4 Studio, since it piqued my curiosity, and it turns out that the variants you mention don't have the uniform tags for the Science career. Only the sky blue variant does.

The other colors only have tags for the Doctor career. I'm not sure if this was an intentional change or not. The reason that none of them show up in CAS is because, like most career outfits, they don't have the ShowInUI box checked. That's necessary for any CAS part to always be available in Create A Sim.

Message 2 of 4 (732 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GTW] Lost Variants on Lab Coat

★★ Guide

Thanks @manzana0807 for checking it out through the S4S. Your discovery piqued my curiosity as well. Since I don’t use mods I’ve done an unmodded test myself too.

I did know that the game recognizes the Scientist uniform differently than of the Doctor one even though they share the same model. So, in my test, I imported George then added my “CAS all unlocked” sim, and voilà! He was shown to wear the Doctor career uniform, so your observation using S4S is correct.

Message 3 of 4 (703 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Lost Variants on Lab Coat

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (692 Views)