Re: Cloned vampire's issue

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Issues with cloning Occults (Vampires, Skeletons, ..)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All to the date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a playable (not NPC) skeleton via cloning machine.
What happens when the bug occurs? Mostly graphical glitch - the skeleton looks like a normal sim on family screen picture. Also, you can actually edit its appearance in character edit mode, but in this mode it also looks like a normal sim. No changes will be visible after exit. Also (maybe intended), a playable skeleton don't have any special skeleton options and its needs are slowly deteriorating.
What do you expect to see? Expect to see normal skeleton appearance on the family screen picture. Also, the character edit mode on skeletons should be completely disabled or radically limited, for example - only to change name and surname, weight, maybe to chose between 3 existing bones colour. Also, it would be better for skeletons to have fixed (not deteriratiing) needs as was described somewhere, and to have special options like NPC Skeletons (scare sims etc.).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The newly introduced skeletons are mostly NPC, but when summoned with a cursed relic, you can make a clone of them with cloning machine, and the clone will be added to the family and will be playable, but also will have some bugs.

First, mostly graphical glitch - the skeleton looks like a random normal sim on family screen picture. Also, you can actually edit its appearance in character edit mode, but in this mode it also looks like a normal sim. No changes will be visible after exit.
Second, (but maybe intended), a playable skeleton doesn't have any special skeleton options (like "scare sim") and its needs are slowly deteriorating, despite I am sure I saw the in-game description, which said their need are fixed. The playable skeleton won't even know the skeleton joke!

Message 1 of 14 (1,632 Views)

Re: [JA] Playable skeleton bugs

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'd say the bug here is that you can clone them in the first place. I thought they said, skeletons aren't supposed to be editable in CAS without cheats.

Trying to get more info though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Well, I sure didn't use any cheats Standard smile

I agree that the best solution would be to disable editing them at all.

And to solve other bugs.

Or disable their cloning Standard smile But that would be NO fun for sure.

P.S. Besides, I have had "failed" cloning process, so now I have an "evil" skeleton in the family :D

Message 3 of 14 (1,616 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Another related bug. When using relic for summoning a skeleton servant, it summons any random skeleton. ANY. That means, the cloned skeleton maybe randomly added to skeleton servants' pool and be summoned just as a regular servant. By doing this, the game rips the cloned skeleton from the family he was added to. And after the summoning time is over, the cloned skeleton will not go back to the family, it will be just... gone.

Message 4 of 14 (1,554 Views)

Hero
Yeah, still think this will be unsupported as the cloning sounds like an oversight. It's a bit like the hybrid alien issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (1,540 Views)

Cloned vampire's issue

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 0. Your sim is a Master vampire. 1. Visit a household where fully upgraded cloning machine exists. 2. Try to "Clone Sim" yourself. 3. The cloning machine will generate clone vampire and add him/her to the household. 4. Select cloned vampire.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. "Needs UI" is broken: Screenshot 2. Cloned vampire didn't have same powers. As in "Clone" description says, every detail must be the same.
What do you expect to see? UI like other normal vampire have
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 6 of 14 (1,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Merged and made this thread more general.

Could you guys test other occults like Aliens and Ghosts ?

@rostsit  @99publicidentity

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (1,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Are you sure the vampire cloning went "as usual" and the clone created wasn't the "evil clone"? Because evil clones are ALWAYS different from original, in various aspects.

One way or another, I don't see how this is similar to cloned skeleton issue.

Message 8 of 14 (1,498 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Something seems to break when you clone those kind of Sims (need bar in case of vampires). Don't know if they checked CAS

Don't think we need two different threads at this point.

If Aliens and Ghosts are fine, I'll split again. Would be nice if someone could test.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (1,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I for sure played with cloning machine A LOT, cloned MANY ghosts and aliens, too. Not a single problem with them.

Didn't try with vampires, though. Can test later today, but again, the UI issue doesn't seem related to cloned skeleton issue, which is: a) graphical glitch and b) summoning pool issue.

Message 10 of 14 (1,483 Views)