Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Goals and Timer break when returning to police station

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim join the detective career and join them on their work day, send them to the crime scene or go on patrol and then return to the police station
What happens when the bug occurs? When the sim returns to the police station there is no event timer visible and no goals for the sim to complete, the sim day won't end and if you send your sim home they won't go to work the next working day. You can send the sim back to the crime scene or on patrol and the event timer and goals will reappear again, but all progress will be reset to zero and if you return to the police station it disappears again. Evidence also disappears from the inventory.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the work timer continue, progress on the working day to be present and correct, evidence collected to be in the inventory and the work day to end as normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't played with the detective career for a long time so I don't know when the bug appeared, I tried with another sim and the same problem happened. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 6 (525 Views)

Re: Detective career problem

Hero
@Brecky1984 Are either of those Sims vampires ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (518 Views)

★★★ Novice

No neither of them are vampires

Message 3 of 6 (515 Views)

Hero
@Brecky1984 Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Brecky1984 Looks like this issue is connected to the Father Winter Baby trait issue.

You have two Sims that have the trait. One is in your played family in Willow Creek (Sage), the other is your played family in Windenburg.

You need to remove the trait on both Sims.

1. Load the household
  2. Makes sure affected Sim is active
  3. Open cheat console and type: traits.remove_trait fatherwinterbaby

That should solve the issue with your detective SIm

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (476 Views)

★★★ Novice

That seems to have solved the problem thank you

Message 6 of 6 (443 Views)