by cedesdc

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] [ECO] Candles restock in burnt down state

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but cool kicthen, bowling, fitness, kids, moschino, my first pet, patio, vintage, toddlers
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sell a candle that's any length and when its sold and restock
What happens when the bug occurs? the candle is burnt out. Sells for the same amount but I don't understand why it sells like that
What do you expect to see? The candles to be restocked at the length they were sold at
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is surely a bug, right?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 12 (1,796 Views)

Re: Restocking eco candles are burnt out

Hero
@cedesdc This is about selling in a retail store ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,777 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes!

Message 3 of 12 (1,744 Views)

Hero
@cedesdc Need to make sure I understand you correctly, does the burnt down candle sell for the same amount as unused or is the price just different after restocking ?

Does it restock as burnt down candle ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,737 Views)

★ Apprentice

It sells for the same amount as before, and the retail is the same, it just restocks as a burnt down candle.

Message 5 of 12 (1,716 Views)

Hero
@cedesdc Thank you for clarifying.

Yeah, that doesn't sound right.

I would expect it to either restock at the length the sold candle was or full.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (1,692 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] [ECO] Candles restock in burnt down state

★★★ Pro

@cedesdc I believe this is by design because candles tie in with the lot's lighting system.   When you place the candles, they will burn if you have the lights on or auto lights on although the candle does not show its burned state while for sale.   Make sure you extinguish the candles before you set them for sale.  If you don't extinguish them, they will restock in a burned state.

Message 7 of 12 (1,636 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] [ECO] Candles restock in burnt down state

★★★ Pro

I have been playing with a store that sells candles.  It is annoying to have to extinguish the candles each time the store opens or I restock so they do restock in the burned state.

Message 8 of 12 (1,613 Views)

Eco Lifestyle candles melt even though they are extinguished in retail.

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place candles to sell in retail stores. after sale, replace them.
What happens when the bug occurs? You notice that the candles, even when extinguished when they are put back in the store, melt as if they were lit.
What do you expect to see? The candles extinguished after being sold in the store, when being replaced again, must remain unlit and intact, not melted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Place candles to sell in retail stores. after sale, replace them. You notice that the candles, even when extinguished when they are put back in the store, melt as if they were lit.

Message 9 of 12 (1,573 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle candles melt even though they are extinguished in retail.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

have this problem as well. basically you cannot have a store selling these crafted candles unless it's actually run by a Sim you play. Unfortunately, the conceptualization of coding these candles into the lighting system is a mistake. They should be separately activated and not part of the game lighting system as they currently are. 

even if you extinguish them when you place them, if you're not actively controlling the lot, each time Sims enter the lot the candles will activate. 

[Posts merged by CM]

Message 10 of 12 (1,486 Views)