[GTW] [DU] Servo is pregnant after Abduction

by WizardJeremyArch

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] [DU] Servo is pregnant after Abduction

★★★★★ Apprentice
@paradiseplanet27 Oh, I wish! Don't have DU yet, so please keep me posted.
Message 11 of 16 (1,116 Views)

Hero
For everyone looking for closure on this one, someone at the forums had the same issue and posted a picture

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17327550/#Comment_17327550

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 16 (1,037 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Does anyone know if they’ve done anything about this bug yet?

I have a male servo and I want to play with him in the Scientist career, but when you’re in that career abductions get quite common, and I don’t want the risk of him becoming pregnant. 😬

Message 13 of 16 (746 Views)

★ Novice

This happened to my servo too. Abducted and returned pregnant, the baby was pure alien. The same servo got abducted and pregnant again with twins when the first alien was a child!

I don't care if its a bug, I love it.

I have the satellite dish on my lot to increase abduction activity BTW. 

Message 14 of 16 (610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Portuguese (BR)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (it's hard to trigger an abduction pregnancy)
What is your current game version number? 1.102.190.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs except the latest two, GPs 2-6 and 10-12, SP1, SP4, SP6, SP13-18, Holiday Celebration, and all the kits that were free at some point
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Servo be abducted enough times
What happens when the bug occurs? Servo becomes pregnant
What do you expect to see? Servos being immune to alien pregnancy, because they're robots and I'm sure this wasn't intended
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My servo got abducted and returned pregnant. I know this is partly because of mods (she's female and was abducted three nights in a row), but after finding this thread from right after DU released, I'm convinced MCCC simply made it more likely to happen. I guess not many people play with servos and it's even rarer to get them abducted, plus most people seem to enjoy this bug, hence why it didn't get much attention.

Since Servos aren't supposed to ever get pregnant, it's impossible to terminate the pregnancy with mods. My only option is to carry on with this bug and let her have the baby. I will also report to mod creators because the biggest inconveniences come from mods (she doesn't want the baby, her partner thinks she cheated, pregnancy is 3x longer, etc) but since it's a game issue and servos are much more limited than normal sims, I'm not sure if there's anything they could do on their part.

I'm not optimistic about this getting attention from the devs since the game has many bigger issues right now, but alas, I'm making the report anyway. I know full well my specific problem is because of modded content, and it will be almost impossible to do a test without mods, but the existence of this thread is enough evidence they just exposed a rare issue.

(idk if anyone will ask about my outdated game, but: I took a short hiatus after the For Rent patch and only felt safe to update after the latest hotfix but I'm still waiting on a few more things to be cleared for 1.105)

Message 15 of 16 (252 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@mcgi97 About testing this, there is a countdown for abduction, which can be altered with cheats, that way it would be possible to have a servo getting abducted over and over. I’m not very keen to test this out myself, since I don’t want any of my servos having babies.
Message 16 of 16 (229 Views)