by dragancaor

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Copies of Paintings are normal quality in inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Laundry Day, Parenthood, Fitness Stuff, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Paint an excellent, outstanding, or masterpiece painting, then place into your inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the painting is in your inventory it turns to Normal quality. When you are trying to sell them they retain the Normal quality, so you get less Simoleons for them.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my paintings retain whatever quality they were when I painted them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if this started after any patch, I really just noticed it recently. I also don't know if you place a Poor painting into your inventory if that turns to Normal, or if it's just anything higher than Normal. It's a bit annoying because A) my Sim is proud of her great paintings, and B) they don't sell for as much because all of them show as being of lesser quality than they actually are.

Update (6/24/20): I have found that the issue seems to be coming from creating a copy of the painting. When I do that the copy is in my inventory as Normal, even when the original painting is better than that. I don't think this is by design, as a copy should be an actual copy, with the same quality as the original.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 28 (1,256 Views)

Re: Paintings turn Normal once placed into inventory, and when trying to sell

Hero
@vadish3825 Does this only happen to you if you reload the game or travel or right when you put it in the inventory ?

I tested, had an excellent one, put it in inventory, still excellent.

(Then tested something else on the same save and stupidly closed the game, so before testing more ..)

Does it matter what kind of painting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (1,214 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict I'm so sorry for the delay in responding, I went back to work this week and I've been crashing every night when I get home lol Umm so for me it happens right when I put it in my inventory. I'll have to do some more testing, maybe with a different household to see exactly what is going on, like specifically when I see it turn to Normal.

Message 3 of 28 (1,181 Views)

★★★★ Guide

what happens when you sell it right from the easel, you recieve the full price of its quality? and does this also happen with the graphic tablet as you have this pic in your inventory. what happens when you move it outside on a wall?

Message 4 of 28 (1,146 Views)

★ Guide

I had this recently too - i wanted to demolish the house my sims were living in to build them a new one so put their crafted items into inventory so they weren't lost.

When i brought them out of inventory, some of the Masterpiece paintings were no longer MPs (but not all of them).

Worse still, one of the paintings had reverted to an unfinished state (& the artist sim who had painted it was dead, so it couldn't be re-done).

With all packs, patched current but I can't recall if this happened after the hotfix or before it... possibly after

Message 5 of 28 (1,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict @EmeraldLaura So after further testing I'm seeing that the issue is creating a copy of the painting (at least for me). When I move the original around and put that in my inventory, it's fine. But when I make a copy, the copy is a Normal painting. I don't think that can be by design, because if you're making a copy of an Excellent painting, than the copy should be Excellent too, I would assume. I revised my original post to include this info. Also, no it does it with all types of paintings. I haven't tried the tablet yet, though.

Message 6 of 28 (1,101 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@vadish3825 the copy is always in normal quality by me aswell. i think this is meant to be as it is only a copy. glad your original paintings are fine Standard smile
Message 7 of 28 (1,090 Views)

Hero
@dragancaor Sounds a bit like this although that was after an actual move: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Lost-Paintings-Upgrades-Broken-Harvestable-afte...

Yours doesn't have anything to do with copies, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 28 (1,062 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict No, none of them were copies & they definitely didn't leave the lot.  Just a house demolition 

It was a mix of family & personal inventory too.

Message 9 of 28 (1,053 Views)

Hero
@dragancaor You didn't put anything in a chest ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 28 (1,051 Views)