Re: Cloning machine and fabricator problems.

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Cloning with machine doesn't work for several objects

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simple get a cloning machines and the following upgrade parts, echo upgrade, robotic upgrade part, dyes.
What happens when the bug occurs? Right, what happens is I get a re square under the upgrade part instead of the green square, i.e the cloning machine will not clone echo upgrade and robotic upgrade part, dyes. Now I do not know if this is a bug or by design, but it needs to be adressed so that both action can be done by my sims and yes I do know that I can get these part through other activites, but what is the point of having this machines if it is not cablable of fullfilling there basic requarements, i.e. clone objects.
What do you expect to see? Cloned objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Right, as explaind above the bug/problem that I am having is caused by something the development team did/did not do.

I.e. the cloning machine from the get to work EP, will not clone echo upgrade and robotic upgrade parts and the echo live style fabricator machine does not have a menu listing for the electrical and robotic upgrade part, please see attaced screen shots, also in the screenshot of the echo uprade part there is an objects on the dresse marked with (?), what is it and what does it do?

Also, yes I do have cc  and mods on my system, but they have NOTHING to do with these problems.

After double checing things that I can/can not clone I found something very odd, planys, juice

, even jungle artifact and wax (both types) all can be cloned, but echo upgrade, robotic upgrade part and , dyes can not be cloned, why?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 3 (1,227 Views)

Hero

@crashdodgers 

It's not surprising that the GTW cloning machine doesn't clone either the robotic or eco upgrade parts. There are other things in later packs that it won't clone either I think.  They were probably not given the ability to clone those things as a game design decision or just overlooked.  It doesn't affect gameplay though so it is not a bug.  And there are other ways to get them built into the game.

On the things on the dresser.  What I see is a robotic repair part, an eco repair part and the spore scanner from Strangerville.  Interesting that is there as the only way to get one is by completing the Strangerville story so if you don't know what it is, you must have not done the story at least once.  I'd guess the lot is a gallery download.  But since it shows up, you do probably have Strangerville as objects from packs you don't own don't show up if you don't have the pack.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (1,198 Views)

Hero
@crashdodgers Could you split this up in two threads please ? One thread for the fabricator and one for the cloning machine.

Just edit this to just make it about the clone machine and create a new thread for the fabricator.

As the cloning machine is an old items and probably has more items you can't clone, the fabricator is new and the issues are unconnected.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (1,169 Views)