by hellvlad

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] [CD] Retail/Vet perk + points disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a vet and earn some points/perks. Then go to manage world and move a young adult sim from your active household to another household.
What happens when the bug occurs? I lose all perk points and previously bought perks (except the extra vet employee)
What do you expect to see? I expect to keep my points and perks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So I have not really played much with retail lots etc. but I decided to get a vet. At first I thought it might be a weird sort of feature that you had to spend the points as soon as you got them as mine had disappeared the first time I revisited the lot (why did I think that?)

I then noticed I could purchase a perk I had already purchased and started getting confused. Surely it wasn't meant to be like this!

However I think I have found the trigger.

Whenever I move out a young adult sim, my points reset and my perks disappear. I haven't tried with anyone else than young adult so it might be with all ages.

EDIT by Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 10 (2,483 Views)

Losing all perks and points in shops/vet clinic

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, city living, get famous, get to work, get together, island living, seasons, dine out, outdoor retreat, realm of magic, strangerville, vampires, moschino stuff pack, my first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing any shop or vet clinic for several days
What happens when the bug occurs? I have several shops set-up in my game, as well as a vet clinic. Very often I loose all my shop perks, and all my points. I only noticed it, very often, in the shops, not in the vet clinic. But today I just lost all my perks and 7000 points in the vet clinic... It happens on a very regular basis (not every day, but often) when I leave the shop to go back home, and come back the next day to work. I have the game since only a few weeks but I'd say it happened 10/15 times already.
What do you expect to see? The perks staying there when bought, and the points staying there when earned. It's very annoying because I make my sims work hard in their shops, but everyday I have to check if what they earned is still there, and if not enter very long cheat codes over and over again Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

EDIT by Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 2 of 10 (2,432 Views)

Re: Losing all perks and points in shops/vet clinic

[ Edited ]
Hero

@hellvlad So nothing to do with moving in/out Sims from the household like in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GTW-Retail-perk-points-disappearing-on-moving-out/... ?

Merged this and adjusted title

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (2,390 Views)

Re: Losing all perks and points in shops/vet clinic

★★ Guide

As of today, this is happening to me too (Clicked)
I have no idea what is triggering it.
I have a vets, bakery & a restaurant.
Started the restaurant today & today this started happening.
I got 450 perk points 1/2 way through my opening times...checked how many I needed for another chef (750) and thought "I will stay open then".
Came out & as a customer left...points vanished. I thought i must have done something, pulled a face and waited....in came another 450 points.... 2 customers left - byebye points again...
Closed the restaurant with 0 points!
What the heck is going on with this?
Previous thread was closed because "fixed"...but it certainly wasn't on there...so here I am again...with major bug number 3!

Message 4 of 10 (2,271 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Retail perk + points disappearing

★ Guide

I also have this problem. I own a restaurant, and all my points have disappeared. 

Message 5 of 10 (2,236 Views)

★★ Guide

I have noticed that for me it's only the restaurant that the points reset.... but I have noticed, with the restaurant, the vets & my bakehouse - all perks bought show that they have not been bought.

Honestly, I don't think you actually lose the perks you have bought, it just shows that you haven't bought them.Wondering

Message 6 of 10 (2,209 Views)

★★ Guide

In a call now with EA... Will update this as they tell me things to try, so as you guys can mark off what you can do too to get this resolved...Fingers crossed

"More people need to post the problem to raise awareness. The more posts = more awareness!

Disappointed

Message 7 of 10 (2,175 Views)

Perk Points Disappear After Transferring Sims

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up to Eco Lifestyle.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a restaurant and have a certain amount of perk points (it doesn't matter how much). Then go to manage worlds and transfer a sim between different households.
What happens when the bug occurs? After transferring the sim and going back to the household with the restaurant, suddenly all of the perk points disappear. All of the perks purchased also become invalid.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the perk points remaining as it was before and the perks not disappearing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Every time I go to manage worlds and transfer either sims or pets across households and then later return to the restaurant lot with the household that owns it, all the perk points that I have and the perks that I purchased disappear. I've tried recovering saves but then when I transfer sims again, the same thing happens. I've tried just transferring sims without any pets, but that doesn't change anything. I really don't want to type in the cheats every time I have to transfer sims for something that I've already achieved. Please help!

Message 8 of 10 (2,138 Views)

Re: Perk Points Disappear After Transferring Sims

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP's: all but Cats & Dogs and Ecoliving, GP's: all but Vampires, SP's: Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Kids' Rooms Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Toddler Stuff, Tiny Living. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a retail business, get some perk points, then go and edit the family in Manage Worlds. Move someone in or out.
What happens when the bug occurs? Perk points are gone, and perks reset. Employees remain. All collections reset as well. 
What do you expect to see? I expect to keep my perks and my points.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, I have one script mod to fix the lot taxes. This bug, however was happening before I added that.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No.

Message 9 of 10 (2,053 Views)

Vet perks and points are reset/erased

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? dogs & cats
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? all vet perks and points are gone/resetted.
What do you expect to see? My perks and points remaining everytime I visit the clinic.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes

It started when I build a new vet clinic in a different world that I pulled down from the gallery, after I visited my old clinic I noticed that all my perks and points were gone. I then used cheats to get them back and it was okay for 2 days untill I went back to the new clinic and they were gone again. I didnt install any new CC during that time so I dont blame it on that.

Message 10 of 10 (1,980 Views)