Re: Another sim took a sales item, now my sim "does not own that item"

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Another sim took a sales item, now my sim "does not own that item"

Hero

• Sims should no longer pick an Out of Stock sign to read as a book.

Partial fix for this.

Threads still open though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 32 (1,314 Views)

Bookstore issue- books marked for sale being “put away” by owner

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP’s: Island living, get famous, seasons, city living, get together, get to work GP’s: strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat SP’s: Moschino, laundry day, toddler, fitness, bowling night, vintage glamour, backyard, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, cool kitchen, luxury party, holiday celebration and grim’s ghoulish guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create and/or buy a store, it can be a bookstore or a store with books and set books for sale.
What happens when the bug occurs? The owner will take books off the shelves to “put away” into the nearest bookcase or into their own inventory. When you try to put the books back onto the sales shelf from the owners inventory, the books will no longer be for sale. This continues to happen whether the store is open or closed. I’m unsure what happens with customer interactions and the books as the one time I tried to open the store after this bug, I had to close it instantly to chase after my vampire sim, who mists wherever she wants to, to remove random books.
What do you expect to see? The owner to leave books alone that have been set for sale and not instinctively put them away in her inventory or into the nearest bookshelf. Customers to only interact with books that are for sale by viewing them while they contemplate if they would like to purchase them. Customers not to take books that are for sale to browse or read.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I think it happened after I downloaded the Moschino stuff pack. I have two stores owned by different vampires- one is a bookstore and one is a plasma store that also sells vampire tomes. For some reason the owners will take books off the shelves to “put away” into the nearest bookcase or into their own inventory. When I try to put the books back onto the sales shelf from the owners’ inventory, the books are no longer for sale. This continues to happen whether the store is open or closed. I’m unsure what happens with customer interactions and the books as the one time I tried to open one of my stores after this bug, I had to close it instantly to chase after the vampire owner, who mists wherever she wants to, to remove random books.

Message 22 of 32 (1,240 Views)

Re: Bookstore issue- books marked for sale being “put away” by owner

Hero
@WanjiruStar It's actually been an issue forever.

They used to read them mostly but it's essentially the same.

I merged your thread with existing report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 32 (1,208 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Really? That’s disappointing, I personally never had an issue with this until the Moschino stuff pack.

I’m really new to this platform, would you mind explaining what happens when you merge threads? I checked out the other thread but couldn’t find any information on the partial fix.

Also thanks for responding Standard smile
Message 24 of 32 (1,176 Views)

Hero
@WanjiruStar It just means that QA likes to track one thread only, so I'm merging threads that are the same issue.

I forwarded it again so they are aware it's still a problem.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 32 (1,154 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul @WanjiruStar!!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to fill out this report and for raising this to our team! We appreciate your help a lot! :eahigh_file:
If you don't mind, you could provide us with your save file as well. This would help our team a lot when further investigating this issue.

Here are the instructions on how to share files with our team.

Thanks so much and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 26 of 32 (1,147 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just wanted to reply that I'm having this issue as well! Set up a magic shop and wanted to sell spell books, but my Sims constantly put them away, even if they're set for sale. I had a bookcase that I was able to stop them from putting it in by setting IT for sale, but now they just put them in their inventory.

Am happy to provide a save file if that would help. No mods, no CC, all packs owned.

Message 27 of 32 (1,128 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SimGuruKuxiku Thanks so much for responding I’m happy to provide my file
Message 28 of 32 (1,091 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Books marked for sale being read by customers/owner

★ Pro

Owners are still reading/putting away books that have been marked for sale making them not for sale.

Haven't tried a bookshop in ages, but I downloaded a magic shop for The Gallery and found the issue is still with us. 

Message 29 of 32 (1,014 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Books marked for sale being read by customers/owner

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone's still seeing this I'd really appreciate if you could share a save file where you've seen it occurring. You can DM the link to me, thanks so much for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 30 of 32 (5,173 Views)