Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Book Cover changes when placed on a display

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Placing Skill book from another DLC on a shelf/display will change its book cover.
What happens when the bug occurs? It changes the original book cover.
What do you expect to see? Book cover should be the same as the original book cover.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I put the Grade School Homework on the table it shows the correct cover but if i put it on display shelves it changes to another cover.

I have also read to other simmer that have these problems too:
-Baking Skill Book Cover turns to Charisma Skill Book Cover
-Logic Skill Book Cover Volume One turns to Mischief Skill Bool Cover
-Herbalism Skill Book Cover turns to Mixology Skill Book Cover
-Parenting Skill Book Cover turns to Mixology Skill Book Cover
-Wellness Skill Book Cover turns to Mixology Skill Book Cover
-The Night The Moon Forgot to Shine Book Cover (Mystery Genre) turns to a cover that looks like a dog that is chasing a ball
-The Mantis War Book Cover ( Science Fiction ) turns to a cover that is the same as the one stated above ( a dog that is chasing a ball.)
- Grade School Homework when displayed turns to a High school Homework. ( from orange to blue cover).

Message 12 of 20 (2,293 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GTW] Book covers change when placed on the book display

Hero

Book Covers do not change when you place them on retail display.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 20 (2,547 Views)

All Replies

[TO ADD] [GTW] Book covers change when placed on the bookshelf display

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

OK I read alot of the bugs an I hope I didn't miss this one, but I did not see it listed... And idk how many Ppl have made there own bookstores in the game. Anyway this is not a Mac computer that I am playing the game on. An Mac users may have the same problem idk...

1. When u place the books you want to sell on the shelves that came with get to work (Omibuls Omnibus Bookshelf Display) some books will completely change there book cover appearance... If u place them on the floor they change back... The same with (Mucho Modern Display) also came with Get to Work BTW

2. The skill books that change are: Herbalism 1-3. Wellness 1-3. Logic 1. & Baking 1-3

3. The other books that change areFrownScience Fiction) The Mantis Wars. (Non Fiction) Playing With Your Food. &(Mystery) The Night The Moon Forgot To Shine.

As far as I am aware that is all the books... Ik its not a major glich or anything just kind of annoying when trying to do a bookstore lol an I also just wanted to let someone know...

Message 1 of 20 (2,821 Views)

Re: [GTW] Book covers change when placed on the bookshelf display

Hero

Seen this before somewhere. Might have been posted in the small bugs thread.

Is it just when you place them on that bookshelf or is it a matter of marking it as for sale that triggers the change ?

Also changed your title to reflect the issue you're having.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (2,785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
OK srry and ty lol

An no its not when u toggle them for sell its just when u put them on the book display
Message 3 of 20 (2,774 Views)

Hero

I have added this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (2,767 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ty
Message 5 of 20 (2,765 Views)

Hero

Is this still happening 

@Dannik91

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (2,735 Views)

★★★ Novice
I am having the same issue and it has not been fixed.
Message 7 of 20 (2,722 Views)

Hero

Thanks for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (2,705 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Book covers change when placed on the bookshelf display

★ Novice

I am having this issue as well.

I'm making a book store in my game, and I've noticed that base game books such as "Fitness Vol 1: Put down the milkshake" retain their cover image when pulling them onto a shelf display, however books from paid packs such as Wellness Vol 1 & Herbalism Vol 1 do not. They simply take the form of a base game book such as the mixology book. not all base game books keep their covers either. I just saw Logic Vol 1 turn into the mischief cover when trying to display it.  

Message 9 of 20 (2,604 Views)