by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Alien townies look like regular sims in manage household

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of 'em
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a new "alien" townie spawns in the manage sims. You edit the sim. You can see that it is a regular looking sim with the alien trait.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any time a alien sim 'townie' is generated
What do you expect to see? Alien townies spawn like a Alien.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Alien townies do not appear as aliens. They look like regular sims.  I had this problem for over a year now.

Look at the screenshots to see that this 'Alien' looks like a regular sim. Naamloos.jpg

Also her ofspring looks different than normal alien ofspring. He has normal skin tone, but alien eyes. (her + regular looking sim = weird hybrid)
10-06-18_1-08-12 PM.png

I am aware that they can use disguise. But as you can see the "alien" doesnt have a green, blue, pink or white skin stone. No alien eyes. The lower part of her portrait should display her alien form.

I deleted her and a new 'alien' sim spawned. Normal looking but with the alien trait:
Naamloos2.jpg

So I moved the 'townie' on a lot. And removed her disguise. The alien form appeared!

But shouldn't her Alien form appear in the edit a Sim (the manage world)? I looked into that and now she is an Alien, but her disguised is different?!
Naamloos3.png
Naamloos4.jpgNaamloos5.jpg

So I guess they are Aliens, but shouldn't they look like aliens in the manage household? Also the offspring is not suppose to have a normal skin tone but with alien eyes, right?

Message 7 of 24 (4,645 Views)

[GTW] Alien loose look on changing/removing disguise

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by using traits.equip_trait trait_OccultAlien but maybe I am just stupid
What happens when the bug occurs? When sim removes disguise, it changes all it's look and when I try to change sim in CAS I see another person
What do you expect to see? I just want to turn some human sims into aliens and save their look
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I downloaded some sims from galery. They look like beautiful aliens but they are humans so I desided to turn them into aliens with  testingcheats on and traits.equip_trait trait_OccultAlien and then changed them in CAS. First time I did not see anything wrong - sims deffinitly were aliens and looked like I dowloaded them. Then I wanted to change hairstyle with one of them and found that they dont have disguise but I made it. So I made it again, saved changes in CAS, went to CAS again - there was no disguise. Then I tryed to "set up a disguise", it opened CAS, everything was okay, I went back in life mode and "remove disguise". And then it happened - sim changet its entire look, face, everything!!! I was so surprised, went in CAS again and found that disguise changed it look too! 

What did I do wrong? Can I just turn sim into alien, with any way, but save its look??? Or I just must not touch their disguise?

Message 1 of 24 (4,478 Views)

Re: alien

Hero

What kind of mods are you using ? Just custom content or also mods ? I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say but you mean that when you the dark form changed to something you didn't set ?

Have you tried this with a regular vampire for which you didn't use a cheat ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (4,460 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have A LOT of different mods but none of them are for aliens... 
And problem is not with Vampire but with Aliens
Dark Form of vampires works normaly and I can turn sim itno vampire without cheats

But make human to alien I can only with cheats and they change their entire look

Message 3 of 24 (4,447 Views)

★★★ Novice

And without mods same thing is happening - when cheated alien removes disguise it changes their look 

Message 4 of 24 (4,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sorry, meant disguise/aliens of course. I need a break. 

Have you tried with any of the game created Aliens or downloaded an alien from the gallery ?

I don't really have any time to test myself currently.

There's this old thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Alien-Disguise-Feature-Broken/m-p/6081317 but that's supposed to be fixed.

Could you test on a fresh save that never saw any mods and repair your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 24 (4,436 Views)

Hero

Not sure if you saw my post @lolo-frolo but it would be good if you could test this on a fresh save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (4,402 Views)

Re: Alien townies look like regular sims in manage household

[ Edited ]
Champion

I have a few of these human form only alien townies in the game. Aliens wearing their disguises will show as their human form disguises in the preview thumbnails in Manage Households, so that is normal.

As the game made these townies to be disguised aliens, they don't have an alien form yet until they remove their disguise for the first time. I don't know if this is a bug. So that could be why your sims had strange offspring - she didn't have an alien form yet. The game should probably generate these with alien forms and disguises on, rather than just the disguise being used as the primary form until the alien is revealed.

It's annoying though because I have a cool disguised alien townie, and when I make him playable by moving him in I want his alien form to look like his human disguise, but there's a risk if I don't do it properly that the human disguise will be overwritten with something random.

Message 8 of 24 (4,555 Views)

Re: Alien townies look like regular sims in manage household

★★★ Novice

"The game should probably generate these with alien forms and disguises on, rather than just the disguise being used as the primary form until the alien is revealed."

I agree. That is why I thought it was a bug. I have had this for over a year. I've been googling ever so often to check if other people had it and I only found one tread about it:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915079/townie-alien-generated-but-does-not-have-the-alie...

Message 9 of 24 (4,540 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] Gallery Aliens lost their disguise

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all Packs (EPs, SPs, GPs)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? My Aliens lost her disguise
What do you expect to see? Aliens with disguise
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Aliens have lost their disguise. (all my aliens) They are looking just like Aliens. If I create a new Alien and leave the CAS, his disguise is lost too. I created a new one (also with disguise, Link below), uploaded the Sim and my daughter downloaded it to test it. But also this alien has no disguise anymore.

I also install the game completely new, but it doesn't help.

Alien download

Message 10 of 24 (4,487 Views)