[GT] [GF] [S] Spawning points to far away on some lots/freeze to death

by Mini_Flingy

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] [GT] [GF] Spawn point too far away for some lots/Sims freeze to death

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu, My First Pet Stuff, Tiny Living, Knifty Knitting, Paranormal, and none of the kits except Country Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By inviting a sim over at Chateau Peaks
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim invited over will spawn at the bottom of the hill, and take approximately two hours or more to reach the actual lot.
What do you expect to see? A spawn point closer to the lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug is driving me insane lately. I can't have parties at my house without a third of it passing before the guests even arrive. Just wanna be able to invite people over 😭

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title, merged an older thread on the same issue but with less just one me too.

Message 15 of 17 (2,949 Views)

[GT] [GF] [S] Spawning points to far away on some lots/freeze to death

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During winter, invite people over via a social event to the Von-Windenburg Estate lot and watch as people arrive via the bottom of the hill, rather than spawning right next to the house. By the time the sims get to your house, some die if there is a blizzard. Please note, this is not using the original Von Windenburg Estate house.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims freeze to death
What do you expect to see? Sims arriving and leaving the house closer by
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I invited 15 sims over for a dinner party, for 'Christmas', at my recently created house on the Von Windenburg Estate lot. They all arrived hours late because they were all walking a winding path up to the house (see the two faint figures near the top of my screenshot as an example) in a blizzard. One teen sim died. 

The front of the house is on the opposite side, and when my sims arrive home from school/work they spawn at the right location, unlike the visitors.

This is actually the second time a sim in my game has freezed to death. This is very annoying as both times they were relatives of my played sim family. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag and title

Message 1 of 17 (4,185 Views)

Re: Sims Freeze to Death on Windenburg Island

Hero
Could you test if the spawning point issue also happens on the original lot ? Just start a new save game and test there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (4,148 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey,

Yes, sims are still spawning ages away in the original lot in a new game.

Message 3 of 17 (4,105 Views)

Hero
OK. I'll test this in my game when I get a chance.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (4,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Mini_Flingy

i finally got around testing this and can't duplicate. I wasn't able to do throw a dinner party as that didn't give me the Von Haunt (that's the lot you mean, right ?) but I tried a different one and everyone spawned in front of the house.

I assume the type of party doesn't matter for you ?

NVM, See below.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 17 (4,016 Views)

Champion
The Von-Windenburg Estate is the name of the large 64x64 lot on The Island where the Villareal family lives by default. To have a party there, you'd need to play as the Villareals, or have your sim living there, or invite one of the Villareals as a guest.
Message 6 of 17 (3,995 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Ah sorry, my mistake. Guess I need to restest this then (or did you test it ?)

EDIT: I don't know if this is a bug then. For me, they always spawn a bit off lot and it seems that's just where the spawning point is. None of my guest froze but it wasn't really a blizzard going on.

Tagging this as unsure for now. Might be feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (3,988 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [GT] [S] Sims Freeze to Death on Windenburg Island

Hero
I don't think this is a bug as such but as the spawning point can lead to issues, I'm adding this as unsure for now.

Would be good to get more votes on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (3,921 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [GT] [S] Sims Freeze to Death on Windenburg Island

★★ Guide

I'm not seeing freezing, but the way spawning works for that lot is very frustrating. It's impossible to host a toddler play date at that lot because the toddlers will spawn across the island, which is way too far for them to walk.

Message 9 of 17 (3,546 Views)