[NEEDS INPUT] [GT] [ROM] Sims Casting Spells Autonomously (Clubs)

by AtticusCrowe

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GT] [ROM] Sims Casting Spells Autonomously (Clubs)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? watch spellcaster sims who are in active household but not currently selected
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims cast spells autonomously, even to the point of overcharge death
What do you expect to see? Sims not casting spells autonomously
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It may happen because of club gatherings in clubs that have casting spells as a positive thing to do. I realized that I was in a gathering, ended the gathering, and haven't seen this issue since.

Message 1 of 6 (1,701 Views)

Re: Sims Casting Spells Autonomously

Hero
@AtticusCrowe If it's due to the club, then it's not a bug cause you choose it to be a thing.

Are you still reporting this as a bug ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,677 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yes, as my sim keeps casting spells, one after the other, until they die. Vampires don't completely drain their power meters in clubs that have using vampire powers as a good thing. One of my sims keeps casting the cleaning spell over and over until she dies. I've removed spell casting from the club's activities and the problem has stopped, but this really needs to be fixed. I didn't choose to have my sims ritualistically kill themselves, so maybe don't be a smarmy j e r k

EDIT by EA_Jason: Don't be rude.

Message 3 of 6 (1,645 Views)

★★★ Novice

I would still consider this to be a bug. The spellcasting activity isn't really usable at the moment because of overcharing and the usage of spells that ruin lots etc. such as using the fire spell. I would still like to be able to use this club activity and have the spellcasters use spells that make sense and don't permanently ruin lots or hurt other Sims. They should also do the "practise magic" action more often as it has no real consequences.

Message 4 of 6 (1,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's funny though that others report the exact opposite as a bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-ROM-Club-Activities-Not-Working/m-p/8421367

Makes me wonder why experiences are so different with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (1,532 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I initially added the 'do spellcasting' as a club activity for my spellcasters and they were doing it to the point of overcharging (though luckily I didn't have any sims die, they just got filthy from burning up, it's possible they had familiars) and they were also burning their belongings (in this case some lemon trees I had them plant as my sims started with nothing so didn't own very much).  I removed the activity and it stopped fairly soon afterwards, but it does seem pretty poor design if you can't really add it as a club activity because the sims are so destructive (either of themselves or their property) with it.  It's possible that if the sims were higher up and had more spells at their disposal and didn't overcharge so quickly it wouldn't be as bad, but I've not tried adding that as a club activity since my first bad experience. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 6 of 6 (1,485 Views)