Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GT] [CL] Playing Darts/Basketball not working as it should

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but SW
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim play Darts with other Sims
What happens when the bug occurs? The Active Sim goes to take his shots, then the game is over and the Sim looses or wins. The opponents never get to actually play.
What do you expect to see? All parties getting a shot at playing darts
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

n/a

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 9 (908 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] [CL] Playing Darts/Basketball not working as it should

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Both darts and basketball challenge have been fixed in today's patch. I had both bugs before and tested them after updating.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (579 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] Playing Darts not working as it should

★ Apprentice

Thank you for making this post. I'm having this issue as well.

Message 2 of 9 (851 Views)

Basketball games stop after one shot

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Eco Lifestyle, Star Wars Journey to Bantu, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Toddler, Kids Room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Basketball with other sims
What happens when the bug occurs? One sim shoots one basket and they all stop and stare. Sim gets sad for losing even though no game was actually played..
What do you expect to see? Each Sim should take a number of shots and finish the game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. September 2020

There are many things wrong with Sims 4 now, and it is becoming unplayable. No Serenade, chess games last forever where one Sims plays multiple moves and the game never ends. Basketball is broken.  "Ask to turn" is not available when it should be. Please stop making game packs, expansion packs and stuff packs until you fix the current problems. 

Message 3 of 9 (798 Views)

Re: Basketball games stop after one shot

Hero
@exome5135 Merging this with the darts thread. Looks like it's the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (781 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I noticed this with the ping pong table (from Discover University) a while back, there has been patches since then so I don’t know if it’s still like this. I can check later this week if it’s still like this in my game. Maybe someone else can check the ping pong table in their game too?

Message 5 of 9 (764 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SqueamishNerd If it was a while back, it's potentially different. I tested juice pong and that worked fine for me.

EDIT: Ping Pong works fine for me too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (759 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrictWhen I challenge someone at Baskeball, they change outfits and one of em take a shot, then the rest is skipped / the challenge is over.
I recently added the knitting pack to my game and it is up to date.

Message 7 of 9 (668 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Both darts and basketball challenge have been fixed in today's patch. I had both bugs before and tested them after updating.
Message 8 of 9 (580 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 Thanks for testing

Yes, it's working for me too,

Guess it was part of this fix

Sims no longer endlessly play games such as Chess, Sabacc (if you own Journey to Batuu), Voidcritter Cards (if you own Kids Stuff), and your regular Card games. I could play with Meduso forever though… #Meduso4ever.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (553 Views)